No Coherence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• No Coherence

This is my first post, so hi everyone. I just wanted to see what everyone thinks about something that has been bugging me for a while.

Having watched quite a few games this season - both live and on TV - it seems to me that we have no clear system, no clear formation and no clear philosophy. The last two games we have lined up in 4-4-2 formations that seemed to be full of square pegs in round holes. We have also played 4-5-1 and various off-shoots of this at times. However, when we have gone with one up top, it has never seemed clear - to me at least - what was meant to be going on behind it. At Burnley away it seemed like 4-4-1-1 while at Reading we seemed to be pushing the wingers on as more of a 4-3-3. It seems like Arry picks the system based on whichever players are fit or have just signed.

For me, this all seems in stark contrast to the year we went up with Warnock. It was a clear system of 4-2-3-1. I am well aware of all the caveats for this - we were building around Adel and lacked serious options up top. However, it seemed that we were far more organised. It seems to me this is a big issue this year. We are chopping and changing the formation and the approach and it seems to have nullified any possible fluency. I for one would like Arry to pick a system and just stick with it. I would opt for 4-2-3-1, for what its worth.

What does everyone else think?

wikommen riviera......like you im astounded by deputy dwags constant formatio changes!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Mark Hughes all over again.
      QPR
      Best team in the world
      Sort of

Comment

Working...
      X