Derby v QPR preview

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derby v QPR preview

Derby head coach Steve McClaren has no new problems and plenty of options ahead of the visit of his former club QPR.

More...

One day one of our promotion rivals will have injury concerns. They always seem to have a clean bill of health before they play us!!

Comment

Does anyone know much about this Patrick Bamford kid they've got on loan from Chelsea? Looks like he's in scoring form at the moment, 4 goals in last 5 apps, one to look out for.

Comment

Originally posted by tetters View Post
        Does anyone know much about this Patrick Bamford kid they've got on loan from Chelsea? Looks like he's in scoring form at the moment, 4 goals in last 5 apps, one to look out for.
        Good young striker it seems . I'm sure hill and dunn with have the little whipper snapper in their pockets , doubt he's had much experience against centre halves of their decorated experience . That's what I'm hoping anyway ! Tough game

Comment

Originally posted by Greg1882 View Post
          Good young striker it seems . I'm sure hill and dunn with have the little whipper snapper in their pockets , doubt he's had much experience against centre halves of their decorated experience . That's what I'm hoping anyway ! Tough game
          Derby have been playing him on the right of a front 3 so BAE better watch him closely. He scored a load of goals in the first half of the season for MK Dons then derby snapped him up for the 2nd half. We shouldnt concentrate solely on him though, its more about derbys team play and ball possession. Young team, full of energy. If we can get stuck in and control the middle (ie barton, henry etc) it will certainly improve our chances.

Comment

I like the look of this 433 for Derby:

Greeno
            Hughes Dunne Hill BAE
            Barton Henry Niko
            AJ Doyle Traore

Not sure about Ned at RB so I put the new guy in there. Looks to have a good balance, CM gets an extra body to be a bit more solid than last game, not sure if AJ can do RM but this is one way to find out and theres Maiga/Hoilet available to replace him if not.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
              Barton Henry Niko
              That midfield looks more iffy every time I look at it.... that whole side just look a tad past the sell by but Harry isn't keen on youngsters anymore. Fingers crossed but to be honest if we're still in contention for an automatic come the last three games it will be a miracle. Fingers crossed.

Comment

If there was ever a game to play Carroll its this game as ball retention will be important as there a pacey side that counter attack

Comment

Well TC is better passer than KH but you can also retain the ball if Niko/Barton are buzzing around Henry so when he wins the ball he always has a 5 yard pass on. tbh though with the new faces and injuries this game is difficult to predict a line up or formation, its all a bit unsettled, that is just one i kinda like the look of

Comment

Working...
                  X