Promotion hopes. Are they real?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Promotion hopes. Are they real?

Sometimes I wonder if the club really wants promotion to the Premier. The Charlie Austin tragedy has been long coming. Did we need a month to get our targets? Dellatore is now being mentioned. He's 21 years old and with no experience in English football. Compare him to the likes of Hitchcock and I say that we should give a chance to our own youngster. If we wanted experience, and now we need it because its a case that whoever takes Austin place must start on fire straight away, we could have stuck with Chevanton. It is embarrassing that after a month of negotiations we could not register the right sort. As for Belfodil, hope the door is not closed yet as he can be an asset. This club is killing me softly.......

Comment

Originally posted by Brian Wilson View Post

Comment

Oi OP....Charlie Austin "tragedy"!!!!!!! wtf!!
        Get real!!

Comment

Of course we are promotion hopefuls, we are 2nd place not 10th !

Comment

Even Harry himself said that we are lacking quality. Austin scored half of our goals...and is sidelined for a prolonged period. Now if that's not a tragedy...ok we are second and I do believe that we can make it. However, the absence of Austin will cost us. Hope I am wrong.

Comment

Hope i'm wrong but playoffs at best without Austin.

Comment

Originally posted by Martinmalta View Post
                Even Harry himself said that we are lacking quality. Austin scored half of our goals...and is sidelined for a prolonged period. Now if that's not a tragedy...ok we are second and I do believe that we can make it. However, the absence of Austin will cost us. Hope I am wrong.
                Look, a tragedy is when a close family member dies, natural disasters resulting in loss of life, that sort of thing....THAT is a tragedy, not a bl oody footballer that has a shoulder problem and cannot play for while. Do you not understand the difference here?

Comment

Question for TW. When you heard Charlie was out did you not say 'Sh1t........ That's not good'???

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                    Of course we are promotion hopefuls, we are 2nd place not 10th !
                    We are today but where will we be in may, so much depends on who or if we get replacement for austin

Comment

We are in deep shot without Austin. That's a fact. I've praised us all year but where would we be with out him. Any team that loses.their top striker is going to struggle. Anyone who thinks we won't is mad.

If we want to go up we need to sign someone with the same quality or near as as.Charlie not maiga or some bum. Very worrying times. Really hope tomorrow brings better news and renews my optimsm.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                        Look, a tragedy is when a close family member dies, natural disasters resulting in loss of life, that sort of thing....THAT is a tragedy, not a bl oody footballer that has a shoulder problem and cannot play for while. Do you not understand the difference here?
                        mate i understand what you are saying , but this is a rangers message board and in the context of a rangers message board , losing our star striker is a ****** tragedy! Can you understand what im saying here?
                        LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Originally posted by stan_bowles View Post
                          Hope i'm wrong but playoffs at best without Austin.

This!!
                          QPR
                          Best team in the world
                          Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by maidstone_hoop View Post
                            We are in deep shot without Austin. That's a fact. I've praised us all year but where would we be with out him. Any team that loses.their top striker is going to struggle. Anyone who thinks we won't is mad.

If we want to go up we need to sign someone with the same quality or near as as.Charlie not maiga or some bum. Very worrying times. Really hope tomorrow brings better news and renews my optimsm.
                            In deep shot indeed. What a day.

Comment

Martin, the loss of Charlie for any length of time is a huge blow to our promotion hopes. He was doing so well for us. That aside, I feel we have to believe and support whoever pulls on the shirt. Replacing Charlie for, potentially, 12 weeks is a matter of concern for me though. I think he may be irreplacable such is his contribution up front and for not just scoring his goals either. If the board mess up here and don't find a prolific goalscorer who has the similar skills as Charlie they will have a lot of explaining to do come May. As mentioned before by so many we have been so lightweight up front, excluding Charlie, since early in the season and come 30/01/2014 it has still not been resolved! Andy Johnson said in the summer on places like Sky Sports he will deliver at QPR, he has said it also this week but with the opportunities he has had he has still not delivered. Time to end talking the talk but doing the walk!! I will watch with interest tomorrow right up until 11pm and see what happens at LR, though I am not confident they will find the right players but more panic buys.

Comment

Working...
                              X