Andy Johnson interview with Paul Warburton

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Andy Johnson interview with Paul Warburton

“I had a little bit of a hamstring injury but that was 12, 13 weeks ago. I’ve been fit now for a while now. Sometimes there’s a choice of formation that keeps you out of the team – but that’s not down to me.

“I’m quick and sharp and working hard in training, working on my strength work, hamstrings, glutes and quads and that’s something I do daily. All I can do is train and work hard and when selected try and contribute like I did against Huddersfield.

“I’d love to stay. I love it here but it’s not down to me. Hopefully, towards the end of the season and fingers crossed if I’ve done enough, I will get a new deal. If not I’ll have to look at other options.”

Read more: http://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/sport...riker-6539704?

It is a shame he's so injury prone, he's got the right attitude and when fit it's hard to fault him. But he is focking breakable. Shame really as I think he could do a great job, but we do need someone who's a bit more reliable
    SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

To be fair to him he's only had one injury this season (hamstring) which he's now fully recovered from. I thought his omission has been more to do with us playing just one striker.

Comment

I like the guy but his injury record says he cant be relied on to stay fit and building a team around AJ being available is not going to be consistent.

I think having him pop up as an additional player can be useful but tbh cant think of many good moments he has had on the pitch this season.

My main picture of AJ this season is him waving his arms in frustration as Hoilett blasts another shot off target.

Comment

Come on chaps. He is hardly gonna start writing himself through injuries when he wants a new deal or a new club. He needs to big himself up. He is a slightly fitter version of Dyer
          http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
            Come on chaps. He is hardly gonna start writing himself through injuries when he wants a new deal or a new club. He needs to big himself up. He is a slightly fitter version of Dyer
            Exactly my thoughts mate, I reckon Johnson's idea of fully fit is probably not the same as the club physios!

Comment

He wont get bonuses sitting in the stands. Fully agree with people saying he is a good player but we have been here before with players. He will not be a qpr player come next season.
              http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                Exactly my thoughts mate, I reckon Johnson's idea of fully fit is probably not the same as the club physios!
                Lol, I think he has some front, why would you change a system to accommodate a guy that will probally only play anothert 3 games this season?
                Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
                  I'd have said he's a lot fitter than Dyer but that doesn't say much though....

Comment

I wish he'd stay fit think he's a good player. Can't rely on him though and after his injuries I wouldn't be abandoned him a new deal.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                      To be fair to him he's only had one injury this season (hamstring) which he's now fully recovered from. I thought his omission has been more to do with us playing just one striker.

IMO the only reason he's not had more injury's is because he's always on the bench due to the system we play. But there's no doubt in my mind that if he was given more game time, he would constantly be picking up injury's.

Good player but unfortunately not reliable.
                      SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

I like the fella tbh and think he's a great player at this level, but we really can't afford to be carrying a sick note on the books. Rather we were spending his wages on a player capable of stringing a few games together without tweaking his hamstring again.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I hope Johnson gets game time during the 2nd half of the season. If he gets a run of games together he will score plenty of goals, works hard and sharp with intelligent runs will ruin this division but like mentioned needs to stay fit and he would be in my starting 11 all the time
                          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                            I hope Johnson gets game time during the 2nd half of the season. If he gets a run of games together he will score plenty of goals, works hard and sharp with intelligent runs will ruin this division but like mentioned needs to stay fit and he would be in my starting 11 all the time
                            I've got a sneaky feeling if we get a couple of strikers in he might not be here come 1st Feb!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post

I hear what your getting at WeAre but he has never been that prolific in his career prob gets about 10 to 12 a season at best although he does give 100%

Comment

Working...
                              X