Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

why???

Collapse
X
 
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All
new posts
  • shanns
    Silver Seat
    • Mar 2013
    • 1431

    #1

    why???

    I know that this has been mentioned before but why can't Harry who is associated with free fast flowing attacking football,get this team to play this way? I believe we have the players, we have fast wingers,an excellent centre forward a couple of creative players a solid midfielder (when he's on the pitch) and a couple of attacking full backs.Don't know why we are being so negative we should be doing a lot better against mediocre opponents in my opinion, c'mon Harry sort it out.
  • MattyRangers
    Slimmer of The Year
    • Jun 2011
    • 24914

    #2
    Typical knee jerk reaction after a couple of bad games. Fair play to those that have always stated from day 1 that they believe we will only achieve play offs, but some change their tune by the game.

    In my personal opinion, we will win this league comfortably. We have had a little blip, as all teams will, and ours has, arguably, come at a good time - with games in quick succession to bounce straight back and not dwell on them. Also, with it being rightbefore the transfer window, I think it will entice TF to open his cheque book and make the 1 or 2 signings we need to cement ourselves at the top.

    We are only 3 points off the lead with a long way to go, we have strength in depth and I think that will show come the series of Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday games in the 2nd half of the season, with other sides (ie Burnley) suffering more than us if / when they pick up a few injuries & suspensions. I think it'll be us, Leicester, Derby & Reading up there come the end of the season
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

    Comment

    • shanns
      Silver Seat
      • Mar 2013
      • 1431

      #3
      Not a knee jerk reaction fella, been waiting for some Harry style football since he got here.

      Comment

      • WeAreQPR12
        C Club
        • Mar 2009
        • 23560

        #4
        Originally posted by shanns
        Not a knee jerk reaction fella, been waiting for some Harry style football since he got here.
        free flowing football, we have henry and Zamora in our starting lineup ffs so a tad optimistic mate.

        I just hope we compete today and a 0-0 draw I would take right now.
        I played sunday league football today.

        Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

        I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

        We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

        Comment

        • maddix
          Silver Seat
          • Apr 2009
          • 1210

          #5
          Originally posted by WeAreQPR12
          free flowing football, we have henry and Zamora in our starting lineup ffs so a tad optimistic mate.

          I just hope we compete today and a 0-0 draw I would take right now.
          We're playing tomorrow !!....Have a day off !!

          Comment

          • WeAreQPR12
            C Club
            • Mar 2009
            • 23560

            #6
            thanks danny that is a relief.
            I played sunday league football today.

            Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

            I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

            We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

            Comment

            • shanns
              Silver Seat
              • Mar 2013
              • 1431

              #7
              Originally posted by WeAreQPR12
              free flowing football, we have henry and Zamora in our starting lineup ffs so a tad optimistic mate.

              I just hope we compete today and a 0-0 draw I would take right now.
              I mean with a full strength side not with a striker who's played 45mins this season and a midfielder no one would put in the starting lineup.

              Comment

              • West Acton
                CCG
                • Dec 2009
                • 21475

                #8
                Originally posted by WeAreQPR12
                free flowing football, we have henry and Zamora in our starting lineup ffs so a tad optimistic mate.
                That argument don't hold up as it has happened what twice this season what about the other games they have not been involved??

                Amazed by the stick these two got for Forest when the other 11 players have been putting in performances like that for the majority of the season and getting away with it as usual at QPR we have our scapegoats that take the flax and attention away from those that actually deserve it

                Comment

                • Nick
                  Gold Seat
                  • Oct 2013
                  • 5593

                  #9
                  Originally posted by MattyRangers
                  Typical knee jerk reaction after a couple of bad games. Fair play to those that have always stated from day 1 that they believe we will only achieve play offs, but some change their tune by the game.

                  In my personal opinion, we will win this league comfortably. We have had a little blip, as all teams will, and ours has, arguably, come at a good time - with games in quick succession to bounce straight back and not dwell on them. Also, with it being rightbefore the transfer window, I think it will entice TF to open his cheque book and make the 1 or 2 signings we need to cement ourselves at the top.

                  We are only 3 points off the lead with a long way to go, we have strength in depth and I think that will show come the series of Saturday, Tuesday, Saturday games in the 2nd half of the season, with other sides (ie Burnley) suffering more than us if / when they pick up a few injuries & suspensions. I think it'll be us, Leicester, Derby & Reading up there come the end of the season
                  SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

                  Comment

                  • WeAreQPR12
                    C Club
                    • Mar 2009
                    • 23560

                    #10
                    Originally posted by West Acton
                    That argument don't hold up as it has happened what twice this season what about the other games they have not been involved??

                    Amazed by the stick these two got for Forest when the other 11 players have been putting in performances like that for the majority of the season and getting away with it as usual at QPR we have our scapegoats that take the flax and attention away from those that actually deserve it
                    Oh come on west I won't buy that!

                    Utter tripe, so do you think we didn't improve 2nd half then? Ok the score won't reflect it but at least Johnson made their defenders defend and he makes plenty of clever runs. Zamora won't move a yard either way, if the ball isn't played on his foot. And weeeellll as for Henry where do I start. His job is to defend and protect the back 4. For christ sake west there were times I felt he could of got away with wearing a forest shirt. His mis placed passing his hanging onto the ball for an age is just not acceptable for a player that started for a team pushing for promotion. Kelvin is a dreadful player and if he could do the basics right, something he could take note from Derry I would be a mighty relieved man.
                    I played sunday league football today.

                    Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

                    I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

                    We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

                    Comment

                    • West Acton
                      CCG
                      • Dec 2009
                      • 21475

                      #11
                      I don't disagree WeAre your correct and for the record that was Henry poorest game in the hoops but your missing my point which is these two have hardly played this season and we have not played free flowing football what has been served up has been dire so we cannot hold them responsible; its not down too Bobby and Henry its down to regular eleven put out

                      My concern with Henry was that he repeatedly dwelled on the ball boxing day and got caught in possession time and time again so were singing from the same hymn book but other then Forest I don't think he has done to bad for us when he has been selected. Personally more concerned with the lack of impact/contribution of Niko and Carroll

                      Comment

                      • WeAreQPR12
                        C Club
                        • Mar 2009
                        • 23560

                        #12
                        Originally posted by West Acton
                        I don't disagree WeAre your correct and for the record that was Henry poorest game in the hoops but your missing my point which is these two have hardly played this season and we have not played free flowing football what has been served up has been dire so we cannot hold them responsible; its not down too Bobby and Henry its down to regular eleven put out

                        My concern with Henry was that he repeatedly dwelled on the ball boxing day and got caught in possession time and time again so were singing from the same hymn book but other then Forest I don't think he has done to bad for us when he has been selected. Personally more concerned with the lack of impact/contribution of Niko and Carroll
                        decent reply. I do think Niko has class however, he sprayed a pinpoint pass 60 yards without even looking. He isn't a player that will run for miles but I do think in this division we must persist with him because he can pick a pass and that is something we lack. Benayaun could be the answer, however I haven't seen enough of him to make that point.
                        I played sunday league football today.

                        Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

                        I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

                        We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

                        Comment

                        • West Acton
                          CCG
                          • Dec 2009
                          • 21475

                          #13
                          From the few glimpse I have seen of Benny since joining I agree he could be the one to unlock the defence but we in my view cannot afford to have him, Niko and Carroll in the same side, one of them at a push two but no way the three of them.

                          Concur Niko clearly has the ability but he lacks urgency in my book and sometimes does the Hollywood touch when a down and dirty Brixton touch will suffice. For me Adel is a better player then Niko as Adel for me plays with a bit more urgency and is more direct on the ball. In the ideal world I would have Niko at the top of a diamond playing in the hole as he would excel in that position

                          Comment

                          • Bill
                            Silver Seat
                            • Dec 2013
                            • 4490

                            #14
                            Originally posted by West Acton
                            From the few glimpse I have seen of Benny since joining I agree he could be the one to unlock the defence but we in my view cannot afford to have him, Niko and Carroll in the same side, one of them at a push two but no way the three of them.

                            Concur Niko clearly has the ability but he lacks urgency in my book and sometimes does the Hollywood touch when a down and dirty Brixton touch will suffice. For me Adel is a better player then Niko as Adel for me plays with a bit more urgency and is more direct on the ball. In the ideal world I would have Niko at the top of a diamond playing in the hole as he would excel in that position
                            Sorry but against forest they were all woefull

                            Comment

                            • shanns
                              Silver Seat
                              • Mar 2013
                              • 1431

                              #15
                              All I ask is for Harry to implement his swashbuckling style on the team cos we have the players to carry this off then we will fly!

                              Comment

                              Working...