BZ unfair scapegoat?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• BZ unfair scapegoat?

Pardon me if I missed something -but surely Zamora hadn't played a competitive game for months? Quite how he was supposed to come in and play Austin's role is a mystery to me. HR knows more about football than all of us lot (or the world truly is mad), but it seemed a desperate call and we would have been better off without any recognised striker, try to hold on, and used AJ for the last half hour. I sincerely trust that there is a medium term plan in existence involving a new striking option in January, hence the reason for Chevanton's contract not being renewed. Those on here and other boards calling for a sacrificial head (even Harry's) need to get real. The roller coaster ride is still on, it's more fun than the last two years and, thank goodness, we are not Chelsea ( or Man U) fans, who believe they have a divine right to win every single game or the world ends.

I think last 2 games have brought a lot of people on this board down to earth with a bang,the same few who predict we will win by " at least 2" might finally realise we aren't that good,the standard in this league is very poor,and that was a poor match last night,we fully deserved to lose 2-0.Harry must take a certain amount of blame for leaving us in a position where we had to play a half fit BZ as a lone striker last night,but I agree,all the blame shouldn't just be directed at him,apart from dunne and hill,the whole team were very poor.2 new strikers needed next week

Comment

I think BZ is past his sell by date, although I agree Harry shouldn't had started him if he wasn't fit.

I think the transfer window can't come soon enough as he badly needs another striker.

Comment

He's woeful. Should just hang his boots up. I've defended BZ on here for a long time but enough is enough, yes I know yesterday was his first game back after his op, but that doesn't effect the very basics like making a cRoss. At one point yesterday he had acres to just whip a cross it and he sliced it off for a goal kick. Terrible player. Foolham must be laughing their nuts off that we paid £4m or whatever it was for him.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Both AJ and Booby Z are out of contract in the summer which will release circa £90k in wages so expect big changes in the summer not before. Fully expect us to continue to but players that see us as a step up but not on atrinomical wages.
          Tony Fernandes Blue N White Army

Comment

Can't blame Zamora for nicking a living, can blame Harry for thinking he's some sort of Baby Jesus
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

If Bobby is Baby Jesus who would play the rest of the parts? -at the risk of spoiling the season of goodwill, the donkey seems the easiest part to fill!

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                He's woeful. Should just hang his boots up. I've defended BZ on here for a long time but enough is enough, yes I know yesterday was his first game back after his op, but that doesn't effect the very basics like making a cRoss. At one point yesterday he had acres to just whip a cross it and he sliced it off for a goal kick. Terrible player. Foolham must be laughing their nuts off that we paid £4m or whatever it was for him.

Always has his back to the goal. Drives me nuts.

Comment

Continuing the nativity idea -how about Joey as all three wise men?

Comment

I can't really blame Zamora for last night, but in all honesty he should not even have been picked to play.

I agree that Redknapp has not really done the club any favours by picking him or not signing anyone else to play up front. The least he could have done is play one of the youth team strikers, who would surel;y have been a massive improvement.

Just why Hitchcock is out on loan is unclear to me. he may not be good enough but surely is better than Zimmer frame Zamora.

I would rather have seen them play without a recognised striker and play the following team and try and nick a draw;

Green
                    Simpson Dunne Hill Assou-Ekotto
                    Henry Jenas
                    Benayoun (or SWP, Hoilett) Carroll Kranjcar
                    Phillips
                    Last edited by stanistheman; 27-12-2013, 01:29 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                      Pardon me if I missed something -but surely Zamora hadn't played a competitive game for months? Quite how he was supposed to come in and play Austin's role is a mystery to me. HR knows more about football than all of us lot (or the world truly is mad), but it seemed a desperate call and we would have been better off without any recognised striker, try to hold on, and used AJ for the last half hour. I sincerely trust that there is a medium term plan in existence involving a new striking option in January, hence the reason for Chevanton's contract not being renewed. Those on here and other boards calling for a sacrificial head (even Harry's) need to get real. The roller coaster ride is still on, it's more fun than the last two years and, thank goodness, we are not Chelsea ( or Man U) fans, who believe they have a divine right to win every single game or the world ends.
                      Top post.......this is why the champs is the best league imo.....as you say, a roller coaster, and truly exciting....so much better than the Prem.

Comment

Originally posted by wortonranger View Post
                        While I agree with the gist of your post, I would like to point out that is now 3 losses and only 7 points in our last 6 matches. That is not promotion form and something needs to be done to address it.
                        'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

He is useless. What does and has he brought to the team? He should retire why he can walk because he cannot run or jump.

Comment

Phillips whipped in an excellent cross last night which their gk effortlessly caught completely unopposed with an unmarked Zamora barely a yard from him. He didn't even TRY to challenge for it.

Saying that, its not his fault if Harry picks him when he's unfit.

Comment

im a qualified gas engineer and electrician........if i failed to perform at the level required i wouldnt earn a living.........whats zamora's excuse!
                              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X