Chevanton released.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chevanton released.

End of his three month contract.Shame,I'd have liked to see more of him,probably at the expense of sick note AJ.

Pointless signing that turned out to be.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Another prove that we had another fit striker to partner Austin, but stubborn Harry is sticking lone striker.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
        Another prove that we had another fit striker to partner Austin, but stubborn Harry is sticking lone striker.
        i dont pretend to have have the best footballing brain ( or brain at all ,before someone else pipes up !) ,but i dont get the whole Chevanton business at all ,seems a real waste to me ............
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Easy to say that now but it wouldn't have been a waste if Charlie had got injured.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
            i dont pretend to have have the best
            footballing brain ( or brain at all ,before someone else pipes up !) ,but i dont get the whole Chevanton business at all ,seems a real waste to me ............
            Would think HR has a January signing in mind & just needed back up for Austin .......... BUT with you Vesp's could have been alright up front with Austin while AJ was laid up
            "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
            For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Clearly only signed on a months cover because of the long term injuries to the strikers, really just making up the numbers

Comment

surely Harry's gotta have a striker lined up to come in January

Comment

We all know who that 'other striker' Harry has in his mind. Bobby Zamora.

Comment

Chevanton departs QPR

Javier Chevanton has left QPR after his short-term contract at Loftus Road expired.

More...

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                      We all know who that 'other striker' Harry has in his mind. Bobby Zamora.
                      Sadly i think you may be right

Comment

Didn't realise he ever arrived

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                          i dont pretend to have have the best footballing brain ( or brain at all ,before someone else pipes up !) ,but i dont get the whole Chevanton business at all ,seems a real waste to me ............
                          Understand where you're coming from BUT we've seen him for about 5 mins (one sub appearance wasn't it). Harry's seen him pretty much day in day out over the last 12 weeks in training and he's a better judge than you or I, me thinks. You can't really judge him as per the EDS/reserve games. Surprised he never got more of a run out, but let's face it we are doing too bad at the minute. He was always signed as pure cover if turd hit the fan and we lost Austin. There hasn't really been many games other than Middlesborough and Bournmouth this season where we've been totally comfortable whereby Harry could experiement hence why his chances have been so limited. Also, most of the games that he's been on the bench we've lost key players to injury too so we've had forced changes using up sub options. He wants to play but won't get in ahead of Philips, Hoilett and AJ.

As for some of the posts RE Zamora, if what I was told at the weekend has any truth in it, then we won't be seeing him again in a hoops shirt as he'll be off soon. And with this in mind it's fairly safe to assume we'll have a new striker in early Jan.
                          Last edited by Dazzer1977; 24-12-2013, 07:39 PM.

Comment

When he came on as a sub in his first game I thought we had somebody on board that looked half decent, obviously HR didn't rate him.

Comment

ChevantWHO...
                              SIR LESLIE FERDINAND!!

Comment

Working...
                              X