Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Taarabt and more

Hey guys,

I know you probably don't allow "my kind" around here but I was wondering if you could give me an opinion on Taarabt. I am indeed a Fulham fan and I must say I he played really well against Manchester City but what are his main flaws? I understand he is very greedy and runs with the ball too much but this isn't ALWAYS a bad thing. Would you take him back at QPR? Or is that the end for Taarabt at QPR? Obviously everyone is going to have different opinions on the matter so it would be nice if a few people would answer the question(s) before it gets taken down from an admin because I'm a Fulham fan.

Also, How do you see your season going? from what I've seen you're a REAL force and I believe you'll get promoted (which pains me to say :P) but in all seriousness, are you optimistic? Do you feel you'll get at least a play-off spot? Also who are the key players in your team as from what I've seen of you this season Zamora and Johnson haven't been involved at all and have been poor since joining on Fulham due to injuries I suspect. From what I've seen Joey Barton has been solid in midfield and Charlie Austin has been a machine upfront, obviously I have seen very little so it would be nice to hear how you guys are doing.

I didn't come here to flame or to be flamed at, I came here because I love Football and like learning about other teams, especially the championship as I feel it's the best league in England due to the up's and down's from the start of the season till the end.

I am hoping I get treated well but I know that a lot of people will flame at me because I'm a Fulham fan.

Peace,

Walsh

Hi Walsh welcome.

As for Taararbt, there are mixed opininions about him. As for me, I don't want him back at QPR. He surely has talent but has attitude problems off the pitch and very moody. He also comes late to training or may not even tun up and causes problems/division in the dressing room. That's why Harry has shiped him out.

As for QPR, the main reason we are in the top 3 is our solid defence that has only conceded 11 goals (3 at home) but we have only scored 24 goals which very low. We've been relying so much on Charlie Austin as he is the only fit striker. Barton and Richard Dunne have been our best players so far.

Yes we will definitely be in the play offs If not the top two.

Do you think Fulham will stay up or go down?
    Last edited by Yousef; 23-12-2013, 06:17 AM.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
      Hi Walsh welcome.

As for Taararbt, there are mixed opininions about him. As for me, I don't want him back at QPR. He surely has talent but has attitude problems off the pitch and very moody. He also comes late to training or may not even tun up and causes problems/division in the dressing room. That's why Harry has shiped him out.

As for QPR, the main reason we are in the top 3 is our solid defence that has only conceded 11 goals (3 at home) but we have only scored 24 goals which very low. We've been relying so much on Charlie Austin as he is the only fit striker. Barton and Richard Dunne have been our best players so far.

Yes we will definitely be in the play offs If not the top two.
      That was a great overview and I didn't know about your impressive defensive tally, it's a shame Joey Barton is such a **** as he is a class player and I will have to keep an eye out on Richard Dunne. Taarabt has been fine at Fulham since joining but I can see him turning now he is starting to get game time, he is very greedy and even though he played very well against Manchester City, a lot of fans were giving him grief which was undeserved. As you mentioned he does have talent but is it worth the hassle in the changing rooms? I'm sure I will come back later on in the season and answer that.

Do you think Fulham will stay up or go down?
      This is a tricky question, Martin Jol got us playing terrible Football but brought in some terrific players. With Rene's playing style I feel we can stay up but the next 4 games (Norwich, Hull, West ham, Sunderland) will define our season. I am going to say we'll stay up due to recent performances and I'm going to say that Sunderland, Palace and Cardiff will go down. The upsetting thing is, I feel that a cup run isn't even on the cards, we play Norwich in a few weeks in the FA Cup but I feel that all our concentration is on staying in the Premiership so most likely our kids will be playing. It's quite frustrating since the first season Jol took over we got into Europa through the fair play league and now we can't even get through to the quarter's or semi's of the FA/Carling Cup, I sometimes wonder if getting relegated would actually do us some good.

Thanks for the reply,

Walsh

Comment

You've opened a can of worms here mate, to say that Taarabt divides opinion on this message board is probably the understatement of the century!

For me the concern with Taarabt has never been ability, he's got tons of it, enough ability to take him right to the very top of world football in my opinion. The issue is 100% down to attitude and it is a huge problem.

Obviously all QPR fans have fond memories of our last promotion season where Taarabt was absolutely destroying opposition, it was like nothing I'd ever seen before at that level of football. Unfortunately what none of us realised at the time was what tactics Neil Warnock had to adopt to get him playing like that and the effect it had on the rest of the squad. Warnock's book goes into a lot more detail but in short the guy sulks, doesn't train properly (if at all), expects to be treated differently to everyone else in the squad and just generally acts like a prima donna......and Warnock made the guy captain! In my opinion (and in a lot of other fans) this was the beginning of the divides in our dressing room that saw us fail so miserably in our 2 seasons in the Premiership.

My opinion of Taarabt now is the one of indifference. He has given me some of the greatest memories I have of supporting the club but at the same time I wouldn't want him anywhere near the squad these days. I maintain that if he got his head straight and applied himself he would be playing Champions League football but unfortunately I fear that if a player is still behaving like he does at 24 years of age then he will probably never sort himself out!

As for our chances, I think we are a pretty one dimensional side at the moment. We'll keep possession well but if Charlie Austin isn't in the goals then we won't win games. I also think that well drilled sides will suss out how to defend against us pretty quickly (Leicester this weekend is a classic example). We are a side that packs the midfield, plays one up top and spends half the game playing the ball sideways or backwards, it's not rocket science to defend against.

Hopefully Harry has a signing or 2 up his sleeve in January and we'll have a few more attacking options to call on when we need them. As much as many on here will whinge about some of his tactical decisions I personally think Harry is the reason we are where we are in the league, he's done a cracking job of turning our fortunes around and I think that by hook or by crook he'll get us up this year!
        Last edited by Tarbie; 23-12-2013, 07:44 AM.

Comment

I wont beat about the bush I personally would not have him back and would happily allow him to join you boys on a perm if you were prepared to take him off our hands. Player has bucket loads of ability butI have slowly gone from one of his biggest admirers to seeing him for what he actually is a show pony who delivers very little when you review everything

Its shame because he has the ability to be whatever he wants should he get his head straight but I fear that boat has sailed and its too late.

Search Adel on the search function and there will be millions of threads for you to read this festive period

As for your lot staying up your playing better but are conceding goals which is not a good combination. Think it will go to the last day of the season for you guys and my gut feeling is you will drop

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
            You've opened a can of worms here mate, to say that Taarabt divides opinion on this message board is probably the understatement of the century!

For me the concern with Taarabt has never been ability, he's got tons of it, enough ability to take him right to the very top of world football in my opinion. The issue is 100% down to attitude and it is a huge problem.

Obviously all QPR fans have fond memories of our last promotion season where Taarabt was absolutely destroying opposition, it was like nothing I'd ever seen before at that level of football. Unfortunately what none of us realised at the time was what tactics Neil Warnock had to adopt to get him playing like that and the effect it had on the rest of the squad. Warnock's book goes into a lot more detail but in short the guy sulks, doesn't train properly (if at all), expects to be treated differently to everyone else in the squad and just generally acts like a prima donna......and Warnock made the guy captain! In my opinion (and in a lot of other fans) this was the beginning of the divides in our dressing room that saw us fail so miserably in our 2 seasons in the Premiership.

My opinion of Taarabt now is the one of indifference. He has given me some of the greatest memories I have of supporting the club but at the same time I wouldn't want him anywhere near the squad these days. I maintain that if he got his head straight and applied himself he would be playing Champions League football but unfortunately I fear that if a player is still behaving like he does at 24 years of age then he will probably never sort himself out!

As for our chances, I think we are a pretty one dimensional side at the moment. We'll keep possession well but if Charlie Austin isn't in the goals then we won't win games. I also think that well drilled sides will suss out how to defend against us pretty quickly (Leicester this weekend is a classic example). We are a side that packs the midfield, plays one up top and spends half the game playing the ball sideways or backwards, it's not rocket science to defend against.

Hopefully Harry has a signing or 2 up his sleeve in January and we'll have a few more attacking options to call on when we need them. As much as many on here will whinge about some of his tactical decisions I personally think Harry is the reason we are where we are in the league, he's done a cracking job of turning our fortunes around and I think that by hook or by crook he'll get us up this year!
            Sounds like a certain somebody we have in our club right now who goes by the name of Berbatov, if things don't go his way he flings his arms around and just as things were looking bad he came out and said that he wanted to move in January. These are type of players you don't need when in a relegation fight as you all know. I just hope when Berbatov moves on that Taarabt doesn't start moaning and acting like he did (from what I've heard) whilst at QPR.

If QPR manage to get promotion (which is likely) how do you feel you'll do in the Premiership? Do you think you need to sign a few players to become premiership worthy or do you think your current starting 11 could handle the premiership? What position would you say you need to become Premiership standard if you're not already there? I feel Charlie Austin deserves a spot in a Premiership team (along with Jordan Rhodes) as I feel they're both superb strikers, especially for Championship level.

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
            I wont beat about the bush I personally would not have him back and would happily allow him to join you boys on a perm if you were prepared to take him off our hands. Player has bucket loads of ability butI have slowly gone from one of his biggest admirers to seeing him for what he actually is a show pony who delivers very little when you review everything

Its shame because he has the ability to be whatever he wants should he get his head straight but I fear that boat has sailed and its too late.

Search Adel on the search function and there will be millions of threads for you to read this festive period

As for your lot staying up your playing better but are conceding goals which is not a good combination. Think it will go to the last day of the season for you guys and my gut feeling is you will drop
            I thought about using the search function but I'd prefer to have a chit chat with some of you guys not just about Taarabt but your feelings on how you feel the season is going and just everything Football really. I have really enjoyed reading the responses already, so I'm looking forward to reading more.

You're right by saying we're playing better but when you have the likes of Hughes and Senderos being our MAIN centre-backs then you know you're in trouble. I understand why you feel it's going to come down to the last day of the season and to be honest it wouldn't surprise me if it did, rumours have it that we have secured Dempsey on loan followed by Anderson and Zaha from United, obviously you hear a lot of rubbish flying around when the transfer window opens but if we get these players I feel they could change our season drastically.
            Last edited by Walsh; 23-12-2013, 08:20 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Walsh View Post
              Sounds like a certain somebody we have in our club right now who goes by the name of Berbatov, if things don't go his way he flings his arms around and just as things were looking bad he came out and said that he wanted to move in January. These are type of players you don't need when in a relegation fight as you all know. I just hope when Berbatov moves on that Taarabt doesn't start moaning and acting like he did (from what I've heard) whilst at QPR.

If QPR manage to get promotion (which is likely) how do you feel you'll do in the Premiership? Do you think you need to sign a few players to become premiership worthy or do you think your current starting 11 could handle the premiership? What position would you say you need to become Premiership standard if you're not already there? I feel Charlie Austin deserves a spot in a Premiership team (along with Jordan Rhodes) as I feel they're both superb strikers, especially for Championship level.
              I think the squad would need a lot of work to stay in the Premiership next season (if we do indeed get promoted). Luckily there are a load of players from our Premiership era that are out of contract (Johnson, Zamora, Park, Wright-Phillips, Jenas, Luke Young, Traore) as well as some players like O'Neil & Onyewu (and possibly Benayoun) that are here on short term deals and unlikely to cut it in the Premiership. Clearing that lot out will free up some wages and I think if we are sensible in the transfer market we can bring in the quality to build around the likes of Barton, Austin, Onuoha & Matty Phillips who are good enough to make the step up!

Comment

See if I was Fulham fan those signings would concern me. Your have the flair creative players already and from an outsider looking in your need to be more solid so getting in the three you mention especially Zaha and Dempsey is not going to help you unless the plan is to out score teams!!! Also Zaha is untested in the top flight so that's a risk alone he comes off or he flops

As you mention Senderos is pony and if I was an opposition manager I would tell any striker I have to just play on his shoulder as he is slow and cumbersome so you either get slipped in on goal (He cant keep up) or you get loads of free kicks around the box or better still a pens.

Comment

I'm in the minority of saying that when we won the Championship last time it was Tarrabt who tore it apart and showed more skill in a Rangers shirt from anyone I've seen since Roy Weagerle and arguably back to the days of Tony Currie and Simon Stainrod (I'm not really old enough to compare him skill wise to the great players of our 1970s team). We have done well this season grinding out wins but against Leicester on Sat - not for the first time this season - we were woefully lacking in creativity and its pretty obvious who cd have provided it. Who really would be more likely to change the game coming off the bench, Adel or a Hoilett/ SWP/ Jenas/ whoever?

But few will agree with me.

As for Fulham think you have improved. But if you do go down can you plse taken Johnson and Zamora back?

Comment

He only turns up for the big games as he feels he I to good for the rest and believes no one in his team is as good as him in a nut shell he is not a team player which does not work well in football
                    Dyslexic so please don't feel the need to correct my spelling mistakes as I really don't give a **** and before you say use spell checker if it is spelt right / wright but not in context spell check is useless

Comment

[QUOTE=stainrodisalegend;1186377Who really would be more likely to change the game coming off the bench, Adel or a Hoilett/ SWP/ Jenas/ whoever?[/QUOTE]

I would argue that Hoillett in his time at Blackburn demonstrated that he is a better Premier League player then Adel did with us and so far Fulham

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        I would argue that Hoillett in his time at Blackburn demonstrated that he is a better Premier League player then Adel did with us and so far Fulham
                        I'm a Hoilett fan too and think some supporters are too down on him as he certainly has lots of ability (better than Phillips imho). But I also remember in the Championship last time Adel often needed three or even four defenders on him to keep him quiet. People say Adel hasn't done anything for a couple of years which is fair. But you cd also say much the same for Hoilett. Personally I would always rather persist with the skillful player who has the potential to be fantastic (Junior, Adel) than an O'Neil type player who is only ever going to be bang-average. But some fans get frustrated when the flicks dont work or it looks as if the show pony isn't trying when we are losing - I understand the frustrations, but personally I think being a Rangers fan means you expect football to be played the right way. Just my opinion of course.

Comment

Originally posted by stainrodisalegend View Post
                          I'm in the minority of saying that when we won the Championship last time it was Tarrabt who tore it apart and showed more skill in a Rangers shirt from anyone I've seen since Roy Weagerle and arguably back to the days of Tony Currie and Simon Stainrod (I'm not really old enough to compare him skill wise to the great players of our 1970s team). We have done well this season grinding out wins but against Leicester on Sat - not for the first time this season - we were woefully lacking in creativity and its pretty obvious who cd have provided it. Who really would be more likely to change the game coming off the bench, Adel or a Hoilett/ SWP/ Jenas/ whoever?

But few will agree with me.

As for Fulham think you have improved. But if you do go down can you plse taken Johnson and Zamora back?
                          I agree with you. Taarabt would have changed the game on Saturday for us if he was to come on in the second half. Harry has no plan B.
                          I'd have Adel back in a heartbeat.

Comment

Originally posted by Westway View Post
                            I agree with you. Taarabt would have changed the game on Saturday for us if he was to come on in the second half. Harry has no plan B.
                            I'd have Adel back in a heartbeat.
                            Adel, you prefer.......

Comment

Originally posted by Walsh View Post
                              Hey guys,

I know you probably don't allow "my kind" around here but I was wondering if you could give me an opinion on Taarabt. I am indeed a Fulham fan and I must say I he played really well against Manchester City but what are his main flaws? I understand he is very greedy and runs with the ball too much but this isn't ALWAYS a bad thing. Would you take him back at QPR? Or is that the end for Taarabt at QPR? Obviously everyone is going to have different opinions on the matter so it would be nice if a few people would answer the question(s) before it gets taken down from an admin because I'm a Fulham fan.

Also, How do you see your season going? from what I've seen you're a REAL force and I believe you'll get promoted (which pains me to say :P) but in all seriousness, are you optimistic? Do you feel you'll get at least a play-off spot? Also who are the key players in your team as from what I've seen of you this season Zamora and Johnson haven't been involved at all and have been poor since joining on Fulham due to injuries I suspect. From what I've seen Joey Barton has been solid in midfield and Charlie Austin has been a machine upfront, obviously I have seen very little so it would be nice to hear how you guys are doing.

I didn't come here to flame or to be flamed at, I came here because I love Football and like learning about other teams, especially the championship as I feel it's the best league in England due to the up's and down's from the start of the season till the end.

I am hoping I get treated well but I know that a lot of people will flame at me because I'm a Fulham fan.

Peace,

Walsh
                              Harry dont want him back, why would he? turns up late for training, only works on what he wants to do, is not a team player , sulks around the place and brings others down with him. Refuses to do extra fitness work , and likes only one word , ME ME ME ME ME , on the flip side if you can keep him interested and keep him onside then you have a wonderful talented footballer, but he will never be a team player. How many times has he turned up for Fulham this year?

Comment

Working...
                              X