Will this Squad suddenly ' Click '

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Will this Squad suddenly ' Click '

Who thinks we have strength in depth in the squad, Strikers aside, and thinks the squad could suddenly click and go on a run - Discuss.

Originally posted by Mark1 View Post
    Who thinks we have strength in depth in the squad, Strikers aside, and thinks the squad could suddenly click and go on a run - Discuss.
    with a good manager at the helm,i think this is very possible.we have a good squad.

Comment

For the team to click I think there are a few issues we need to address:

1.) Play our best 11 and stop tinkering so much. The team need some consistency and players need a run of games to find form. How many different combinations have we had a centre back, centre midfield and up top this season? JM needs to decide who is favoured partnership and cente back and centre midfield is and play them when fit.

2.) Left Back.......get somebody in on loan as Borrowdale is not the answer.

3.) Goals?.........We need a striker who knows where the net is. Now this may not be acheivable until the transfer window opens in January but if we spend a few million on a striker who will get us goals (i.e Jermain Beckford, Simeon Jackson, Gary Hooper), we may see some of these dodgy draws with bags of missed chances turning into 3 points in the bag.

Address these issues and we can acheive a play off spot!
      Last edited by Tarbie; 13-09-2009, 10:51 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

1.) Play our best 11 and stop tinkering so much. The team need some consitency and players need a run of games to find form. How many different combinations have we had a centre back, centre midfield and up to this season. JM needs to decide who is favoured partnership and cente back and centre midfield is and play them when fit.

3.) Goals?.........We need a striker who knows where the net is. Now this may not be acheivable until the transfer window opens in January but if we spend a few million on a striker who will get us goals (i.e Jermain Beckford, Simeon Jackson, Gary Hooper), we may see some of these dodgy draws with bags of missed chances turning into 3 points in the bag.

What that man said!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post

1.) Play our best 11 and stop tinkering so much. The team need some consitency and players need a run of games to find form. How many different combinations have we had a centre back, centre midfield and up top this season? JM needs to decide who is favoured partnership and cente back and centre midfield is and play them when fit.

Amen

Comment

You need a good manager who can man manage and handle players, like de canio or sven.

Comment

squads on paper dont win matches...........play your best eleven at all times when available is my theory!!
              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I think if we could just string some wins together the confidence of the players would be boosted and we could be up and running - Look at the England team now, they expect to win - Our players need confidence and an arrogant winning mentality - Wots the difference with England these days: The Manager thats wot.

Comment

what we need is some sort of consistency in team selection to have any chance of the team "clicking" so far JM has been making 2 or 3 changes every game....very frustrating!

Comment

What about some commitment and effort from the players on the pitch - when, for example, did we last compete for (and win) 50:50 balls and/or second balls - that doesn't take skill but does require effort and a desire to win.
                    #standuptocancer
                    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Originally posted by Mark1 View Post
                      I think if we could just string some wins together the confidence of the players would be boosted and we could be up and running - Look at the England team now, they expect to win - Our players need confidence and an arrogant winning mentality - Wots the difference with England these days: The Manager thats wot.

They will NEVER get a better opportunity to do that than the opening games of this season..... Oh dear missed the bus again!
                      2011-2013, 2 seasons in the Premiership, 76 games, 14 wins........two years of my life I'll never get back!!

2013/2014 mediocrity topped off with a win at Wembley....

2014/2015 was pretty much the same as 2011-2013.....

2015/2016, average at best.....

2016/2017, same old, same old....

2017/2018, aim low, avoid disappointment!

Its the hope that kills you!

Comment

no,we have the wrong players;great as individuals but never will never be a team

Comment

Working...
                        X