Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Joey on England

Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton:

"My starting 11 for WC would be, Hart. Walker. Jones. Cahill. Shaw. Wilshere. Ward-Prowse. Townsend. Welbeck. Rooney. Sturridge. #future. Shake things up. All the others have had there day and come up short. We MUST use this WC as a building block for the future. I'd also bullet Roy. I mean what is the point of the man? Such a boring, tactically stale man. #timeforashakeup #goforeign.

When thinking about billeting Hodgson. I was thinking which Englishman to follow? Not many up and coming young ones to think of. #scarce. The coaching development in this country is shocking. The tsunami coming is going to be so brutal for our game, it's scary. No players. No coaches. No grassroots. Once that Premier league money runs low, we are doomed. A footballing ice age is on the horizon."

...meanwhile, on the way to the match:

Paul Smith ‏@Smudge1962: German footballers catching the tube! Could you imagine England's pampered stars doing this?

Don't agree with everything Joey says but I like the look of that team!

Comment

Gerrard is our best player. You don't drop your best player in the run up to a world cup. Wiltshire has been woeful but agree the young players coming through aren't up to it
      I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Also don't rate smalling but Jones and cahill are 2 small trucks with a pathetic turning circle
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Apparently, the England squad DID get the tube !

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Gerrard is our best player. You don't drop your best player in the run up to a world cup. Wiltshire has been woeful but agree the young players coming through aren't up to it
            I think Bartons point may have been that England are not going to win the world cup (even with Gerrard).........so use it as a competitive platform to blood a new breed of hungry lions..

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
              Agree but how sad is that ? Our best player is someone who is past his best and very injury prone . Our national team is in a shocking state and no where near up to speed to even seriously compete at the World Cup . Our grass roots level is dreadful in comparison to some of the top nations

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                Joseph Barton ‏@Joey7Barton:

"My starting 11 for WC would be, Hart. Walker. Jones. Cahill. Shaw. Wilshere. Ward-Prowse. Townsend. Welbeck. Rooney. Sturridge. #future. Shake things up. All the others have had there day and come up short. We MUST use this WC as a building block for the future. I'd also bullet Roy. I mean what is the point of the man? Such a boring, tactically stale man. #timeforashakeup #goforeign.

When thinking about billeting Hodgson. I was thinking which Englishman to follow? Not many up and coming young ones to think of. #scarce. The coaching development in this country is shocking. The tsunami coming is going to be so brutal for our game, it's scary. No players. No coaches. No grassroots. Once that Premier league money runs low, we are doomed. A footballing ice age is on the horizon."

...meanwhile, on the way to the match:

Paul Smith ‏@Smudge1962: German footballers catching the tube! Could you imagine England's pampered stars doing this?

Am I thick....but who is Ward-Prowse?

Comment

Ward-Prowse from Southampton.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                    Ward-Prowse from Southampton.
                    Wasn't he the Green Cross Code man? Wore the Darth Vader suit in Star Wars?

Comment

The only good news really is that because England are so abysmal - and I agree with everything Joey says about us being in an ice-age and the Premier League money simply covering up the scale of the crisis - I don't think anyone will be surprised or disappointed this time if we get turned over and knocked out of the group stages.

On another subject, did anyone else find the TV commentary - esp first half - a total joke? Germany's reserve team basically didn't need to get out of second gear to beat us on our own patch but according to the commentator especially but also Townsend we were playing really well and deserved to be in the lead. Felt like I was watching a different game.

J

Comment

Originally posted by Rangers77 View Post
                        Wasn't he the Green Cross Code man? Wore the Darth Vader suit in Star Wars?
                        wasn't that just David Prowse? think it was mate!

Comment

Originally posted by Jogo View Post
                          Am I thick....but who is Ward-Prowse?
                          http://bit.ly/Igcoa0

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                            wasn't that just David Prowse? think it was mate!

Comment

england have become a joke now. I think that they and the newspapers are the only people that take themselves seriously. I watched the Sweden Portugal game and the quality on show from both sides was scary. They also had a superstar on each side and i thought about how England would cope playing them, we would get stuffed.

Comment

Working...
                              X