No announcement yet.

Phillips

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I've slated him up until now but the lad played today, well pleased. Hopefully builds on today's performance. That shot he had off the bar woulda been a blinding goal.

Cross for the opening goal was superb n all.
    Last edited by MattyRangers; 02-11-2013, 10:22 PM.
    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Awful first half. Much better second half, made good runs and as said above almost scored a cracker as he ran in from the right wing, done a few step overs and glided past two players and smashed the crossbar with his weaker foot.
      Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 02-11-2013, 10:29 PM.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

He played his best game because he was in his right position on the right. When he was on the left he would stop running and go backwards today he went straight for the throat and had the left back for derby exactly where he wanted him. unlucky not to score but a cracking performance

Comment

you can see a player in him, the bar prevented a corker, looking rosy
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

For the first 45 minutes i thought he was poor, losing possession and over hitting passes. Whatever he had in his half time tea he came out a different player. Lung busting runs pas the full back, linking with Simpson (who is class) really well and that run and shot was great.

Barton had one of his best games in a rangers shirt today i though

Hoilett is another SWP unfortunaetly

Comment

He'll be a big player for us, he reminds me of Lee Cook with his direct play. I love my wingers to play like Phillips
              Under Les Ferdinand:
              Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
              Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
              Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
              Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
              And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

I agree and its good to see a winger who is looking to get the ball in the box quickly i think he'll give us a bit more balance going forward and could link up very well with Austin.

Comment

Haven't been happy with what he's offered us so far but yesterday he was excellent. Good pacey runs, delivers a good ball, has strength, can shoot & looks the fittest he's been since he signed. Starting to look like the player we all hoped we'd signed. Well done Matty P.

Comment

Originally posted by kron-1664 View Post
                    For the first 45 minutes i thought he was poor, losing possession and over hitting passes. Whatever he had in his half time tea he came out a different player. Lung busting runs pas the full back, linking with Simpson (who is class) really well and that run and shot was great.

Barton had one of his best games in a rangers shirt today i though

Hoilett is another SWP unfortunaetly
                    That's pretty much how I saw MP's performance yesterday. A much better second half.
                    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

What he looks like he is lacking at the moment is fitness. Last 15mins he really looked like he was blowing out his a rse but with games his fitness will come

Comment

Thought he had a good 2nd half, not great 1st supplied cross for the first goal, but bottled a few challenges , but got it together in the second if he carries on like that now we will be ok much more effective than Hoillett

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                          What he looks like he is lacking at the moment is fitness. Last 15mins he really looked like he was blowing out his a rse but with games his fitness will come
                          Make you right westy he hasn't had much playing time lacking full match fitness and sharpness I am convinced he will become a real player for us

Comment

Had a great game.

Reminds me of a Mackie the way he charges down the right and cuts in to the box.

Comment

Originally posted by tetters View Post
                              Had a great game.

Reminds me of a Mackie the way he charges down the right and cuts in to the box.
                              Mackie didn't though. He stumbled & bumbled down the line then ran straight into 3 players.

Comment

Finally found his form. Unlucky not to score what could have been the goal of the season. He will have massive impact this season If he stays fit and starts every game.
                                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                                X