Derby threat

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Derby threat

Having forecast the other day that we would bounce back against Derby on Saturday,I'm not so sure now after last nights display.Along with Watford,Derby are the highest scorers in the division on 25 goals.I know that they've let in a few (21) but at the moment we can't hit the proverbial barn door with what few chances we create.Oh what I'd give to have Remy back,particularly in this league,he didn't even get off the bench last last night.

Originally posted by geejaybee View Post
    Having forecast the other day that we would bounce back against Derby on Saturday,I'm not so sure now after last nights display.Along with Watford,Derby are the highest scorers in the division on 25 goals.I know that they've let in a few (21) but at the moment we can't hit the proverbial barn door with what few chances we create.Oh what I'd give to have Remy back,particularly in this league,he didn't even get off the bench last last night.
    I'm worried about Derby? they're resurgent since Mc'laren has gone there, also he knows how we play? and we seem to have lost a little bit snce his departure, obviously he was doing quite a lot of work with the team. that we didn't know about . we really need a result in this game to get back on track?

Comment

Reckon they'll turn us over tbh.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
        I'm worried about Derby? they're resurgent since Mc'laren has gone there, also he knows how we play? and we seem to have lost a little bit snce his departure, obviously he was doing quite a lot of work with the team. that we didn't know about . we really need a result in this game to get back on track?

I don't know about the rest of you,but apart from the home wins against Barnsley and Middlesborough (both poor sides in my opinion) the other wins have been unconvincing and I sense problems ahead leading up to Christmas and beyond unless we address our goal drought somehow.

Comment

I think too many expect to much after such a disaster last season.

Yes great start but we're no way playing like a 3rd place side. We score very few goals and I will be delighted if we make the playoffs come next summer. Horrible to watch but I don't see us being good enough for top 2 unless someone comes in Jan.

Adel would be pushing for a recall if we don't improve.
          I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

I don't know about the rest of you,but apart from the home wins against Barnsley and Middlesborough (both poor sides in my opinion) the other wins have been unconvincing and I sense problems ahead leading up to Christmas and beyond unless we address our goal drought somehow.
            This. Saturday and Reading away are big, big tests. I think they'll tell us much about how our season goes.....

Comment

I agree with this. I thought we were gaining momentum after those two games but it would appear we are being overly cautious away from home. This paid dividends away at Leeds and Bolton but I feel we need to be more ambitious now.

Having said all of that we are in a much better position in the table than I would have expected and a good win on Saturday would get that momentum back again. Derby had a great win at Watford but they could easily have lost that game with the chances the home team had.

Comment

Originally posted by dave58 View Post
                We havent lost anything since he left, it just coincided with a tough local derby, away to the league leaders and then Wigan last night.

Comment

Its harder for the relegated teams but we are marginally better than Wigan & Reading. Home form will be vital.

Comment

We are good enough to win the next 2 and with Joey back and a bit more organising up front we could do well.

Comment

I actually think the loss of Carroll has hit us more than McClaren's departure. Carroll's role is key to how HR wants to play his football, hence why he came in to an already crowded midfield squad and went straight into the side, ahead of Henry, Jenas, Faurlin etc

Comment

Originally posted by Kit View Post
                        I actually think the loss of Carroll has hit us more than McClaren's departure. Carroll's role is key to how HR wants to play his football, hence why he came in to an already crowded midfield squad and went straight into the side, ahead of Henry, Jenas, Faurlin etc
                        Good point

Comment

Working...
                        X