Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Holloway is he a Good Manager

I have to hold my hands up and say that I don't rate him

Certainly cant take our promotion away from him but for me he's full of hot air and talks a load of nonsense.

He's a lower league backs against the wall type of manager that's were he's at his best. Start Blackpool had in the prem he should have kept them up and the team that he took over at Palace were flying until he took charge then they struggled over the line, failed at Leicester.

He will always be held fondly in the Bush but I don't get why he is always touted by the fans for a return when the managers job comes up

He'd do better making after dinner speeches, very funny guy, just not manager material.

Comment

Originally posted by Hoop-du-Jour View Post
      He'd do better making after dinner speeches, very funny guy, just not manager material.
      That's a blinding summary

Comment

He has got 2 average teams into the Premier League, that is a good manager. he has not proved it at the very top but only an elite few do. Blokes a legend and thrives in geting the best out of average players.

Comment

He might make a good coach?
          Kept the faith!

Comment

i love olly and i wont have a word said against the bloke, true gent and a rangers legend! also not a bad manager to boot!
            LONDON CALLING TO THE ZOMBIES OF DEATH.... ALSO KNOW AS BRENTFORD FANS

Comment

Not having him at all. Top top fella, pony at Premier league level. The same could be said for Warnock though as he also failed twice in the top flight although I rate Warnock as a better gaffer.

Comment

he has had his day, to be honest think he knows it too, just hope he has made enough money to put his feet up
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

I actually think he is a bit of a plum. Fair play for walking away from palace as he isn't good enough. 8 wins in 33 games....nobody will keep palace up. The games I've seen them this year they look like us last year but worse
                  http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Bit unfair isnt it? Blinding start with Blackpool, they were never gonna keep it up.

Palace, well they finished 5th/6th last season didnt they? They never had a chance.

Reminds me of us when we first went up. Too many new faces, lost the team spirit, "big" players not performing (lol Chamach) and players generally not good enough.

He is a good manager, just will not be be given the chance at an established Prem team.

Comment

To date he has been an excellent Championship level manager. In my opinion, it would be better to rate him on a PL level if he was in charge of a decent PL team with decent players at his disposal. I would bet he would do better than someone like Hughes easily !

Comment

He won't be jobless long,good championship manager

Comment

confidence has taken a knock, I think the reaction, or non-reaction, of the palace players has shocked him
                          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                          This morning's tempest I have to cross
                          I must be guided without a stumble
                          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                            confidence has taken a knock, I think the reaction, or non-reaction, of the palace players has shocked him
                            They look a really really poor side

Even us with all our troubles last season looked relatively compact our main problem being scoring goals. They look weak at the back and weak up top. I don't think they have one player I would take off their hands to play in the championship let alone the prem

If you put a gun to my head and said choose one reluctantly it would prob be Bolasie

Comment

Answering the OP: in some respects "yes", in others, "no". On balance, "average".

I think he is an excellent man manager which is obviously a big part of the job. He knows how to get the best out of his players.

But assembling a strong team is not something I think he is very good at, in particular one that is paid appropriately. I know that Furs had a great half season for us but I seem to recall that he was rewarded with a contract, at the age of 38(?), that nobody else would have come even close to matching. It was very clear that his best years were behind him and the prospects of a similar contribution in the future were pretty much nil. Players should be paid fair market wages, no more. A lesson that apparently was not learned at the time!

He did well at Blackpool, but again, that was with a team he inherited, not one he built.
                              'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                              X