Too much pressure on Austin

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Too much pressure on Austin

For me we haven't addressed the striker problem.

Zamora is finished and he's had a knee op but yet we didn't book him in for a hip replacement, which is the main injury that will cause him to retire at the end of his contract.

I like Johnson as a player but the signs aren't great either and we will do well to get double figure appearances out of him.

Chevanton well who knows, could do well but I thought we might of seen more of him if he's that good, I know Harry likes 1 upfront but I hope we're a little more adventurous at home when teams are tending to sit back ie Brighton.

So that leaves us with the same old problem with regards to lack of goals and I think Jan is the time to make a major move. A move that will bring us premier league football. Like the title says too much pressure on Austin and he is NOT imo a target man and when I say that I mean yes he can hold the ball up but you're losing his main traits which is getting him in the box, so I know he is scoring but I think he'd get more with a striker alongside him.

Now to the striker as it's pointless to have a moan and not throw a name in the mix, so that player for me would be Shane Long.
    A player that would be a MAJOR signing for us and a player that not only will run all day but he will score goals and ask questions like Andy Johnson does. The difference is Shane Long is 26 and in his prime. I have no doubt he will score plenty if we sign him in Jan and the key thing is that he is out of contract in the summer so West Brom will probably cut their loses and take a small fee. He is the missing player that we lack because he has great movement and pace and him paired with Austin will score the goals that's required and take the pressure off the defence. Yes Austin is scoring but if you look at our goals scored it isn't great and if we want to win the league it's an area we need to work on.
    I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

If AJ doesn't get injured again then he could easily reach double figures, in fact I reckon he could get more than Austin if he stays fit. He's still sharp and is very good at this level. We should really try two up front, AJ and Austin would work really well imo. Chevanton will provide good cover for them, looked sharp in the EDS game apparently, and Harry says he's looking good in training. 1 up front would still work, in fact it might be even better now that AJ's back, Harry can rotate Austin and AJ whenever one gets tired or is under too much pressure (like Austin as you say)....whoever plays is bound to get us some goals!
    Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 23-10-2013, 11:11 PM.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Thats triffic knowledge Greg, who needs Harry? Get Shane long, get Taraabt back and they may as well hand the title over now
      From the Hills of Kerry
      To the streets of Free Derry

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
        For me we haven't addressed the striker problem.

Zamora is finished and he's had a knee op but yet we didn't book him in for a hip replacement, which is the main injury that will cause him to retire at the end of his contract.

I like Johnson as a player but the signs aren't great either and we will do well to get double figure appearances out of him.

Chevanton well who knows, could do well but I thought we might of seen more of him if he's that good, I know Harry likes 1 upfront but I hope we're a little more adventurous at home when teams are tending to sit back ie Brighton.

So that leaves us with the same old problem with regards to lack of goals and I think Jan is the time to make a major move. A move that will bring us premier league football. Like the title says too much pressure on Austin and he is NOT imo a target man and when I say that I mean yes he can hold the ball up but you're losing his main traits which is getting him in the box, so I know he is scoring but I think he'd get more with a striker alongside him.

Now to the striker as it's pointless to have a moan and not throw a name in the mix, so that player for me would be Shane Long.
        A player that would be a MAJOR signing for us and a player that not only will run all day but he will score goals and ask questions like Andy Johnson does. The difference is Shane Long is 26 and in his prime. I have no doubt he will score plenty if we sign him in Jan and the key thing is that he is out of contract in the summer so West Brom will probably cut their loses and take a small fee. He is the missing player that we lack because he has great movement and pace and him paired with Austin will score the goals that's required and take the pressure off the defence. Yes Austin is scoring but if you look at our goals scored it isn't great and if we want to win the league it's an area we need to work on.
        All well and good.... but Harry only likes 1 up top.

Comment

The only time we gonna have 2 up top is when we are chasing the game.

Comment

Shane Long would be a fantastic buy. Totally agree with that.

Not so sure Austin has too much pressure on him. We bought him to score goals and regardless of having one or two up top, that pressure is always going to be the same.

Do think we are making him do too much for a natural goalscorer though. Get him in the box more and get the ball into him.

Comment

Working...
            X