World Cup Winter Switch Seems Inevitable

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• World Cup Winter Switch Seems Inevitable

Even if Fifa fudges the decision regarding the timing of the 2022 World Cup, it now seems inevitable that the tournament in Qatar will be moved from the northern hemisphere summer to the northern hemisphere winter.

However carefully crafted the world governing body's statement is on Friday, there appears to be an unstoppable momentum behind the controversial switch despite the mayhem it will cause to the international football calendar and all the associated commercial and media contracts.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/football/24389107
    'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

hope the investigation chucks out the corrupt muppets, especially that dirty fat bstard Blatter. and they do a revote and move it elsewhere. seriously, who's going to sit in 40 degree weather after paying hundreds of quid to get in, not to mention get there???
    Rangers Til I Die
    follow me at twitter.com/arthurqpr

Comment

Winter would mean messing up loads of leagues in football and even the NFL which makes the American sponsors very unhappy so just cant see how that would work either...Looks like someones got to give some bribes back

Comment

Call their bluff and tell 'em to FO. If it gets altered it'll stay altered which is what they have been after all along. What's wrong with going to Huddersfield on a bleak Tuesday night in February I ask yer
        I must away now, I can no longer tarry
        This morning's tempest I have to cross
        I must be guided without a stumble
        Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
        X