No announcement yet.

Armchair V Live

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I had a season ticket for years but now the fact i work 2 out of 3 Saturdays limits my Rangers , i only manage about 10 games a season .
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
      I had a season ticket for years but now the fact i work 2 out of 3 Saturdays limits my Rangers , i only manage about 10 games a season .
      Same..havent had ST last 3 seasons since the retail industry been taking a hit. Priorities and all that. Just pick and choose 5 - 10 a season now.

Comment

Been to all home games bar 1. I know 3 armchair fans that will come back when in the premier. Tw deeps and myu so could eaaily fill 30k plus
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

The armchair pub fans are the worse. Just watched man u v Liverpool in pub and the plastic London reds out in force.they drive me mad. So vocal. Just like the ones on here who never go to a game.

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
            Been to all home games bar 1. I know 3 armchair fans that will come back when in the premier. Tw deeps and myu so could eaaily fill 30k plus
            You need to check some of my past posts treacle.......always been a big advocate of the champs on here, not a fan of the prem at all!
            Wrong yet again and your assumptions up in smoke yet again!!! Dear me!

Comment

Hardly anyone is answering the question !! Do you know more who go to the games or the other way round !!

Comment

out of my old lot most of them dont go , i take the kids nowadays they seem to have more enthusiasm for it

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                  Hardly anyone is answering the question !! Do you know more who go to the games or the other way round !!
                  Right , out of the four or five of us from school who used to go,i`m the only one who still goes regularly ,my old man is 83 now and my uncle has moved out of London and dosnt come back very often . So yeah to answer your question i Know more who dont go then do ,these days
                  Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
                    More that go.but I don't question the enthusiasm or passion of those I know that don't.
                    "The kids missed everything from Queens Park Rangers to Conkers".

London Pride has been handed down to us.
                    London Pride is a flower that's free.
                    London Pride means our own dear town to us,
                    And our pride it for ever will be.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                      Right , out of the four or five of us from school who used to go,i`m the only one who still goes regularly ,my old man is 83 now and my uncle has moved out of London and dosnt come back very often . So yeah to answer your question i Know more who dont go then do ,these days
                      ......simple

Comment

Originally posted by loneranger View Post
                        More that go.but I don't question the enthusiasm or passion of those I know that don't.
                        good honest answer

Comment

Interesting debate!

As you may know, I'm a 'Spurs fan & on my regular forum, I'd say about 20% (& that's being quite generous) are regular match-goers. Unfortunately, too many of the remaining 80% are from the USA; don't know what they're talking about & call the beautiful game 'soccer' (it's one of my pet hates)! It's a real breath of fresh air to read some of the stuff on here and to see how many of you actually go to games.

I'm more of an armchair fan, these days - it's hard to get tickets for home games, as I live in Brum. But, if friends have spares, I occasionally get an invite.

The one thing I hate doing is watching big games (especially internationals) in pubs. Too many p*ssheads & too many of my own sex who know nothing about football, but try to pretend that they do. I know that's rich, coming from she who admits that she's 'only here for the Niko' but, believe it or not, I do have a football brain!

P.S. Apologies to any American Rangers fans, who are reading this & are offended by my comments - I was merely relating my experiences from another forum!

Comment

Just back from "Jolly Old" and got my footy fix for the year: Brum, Brighton, and Yeovil. Needless to say, I don't get to many matches but I do try to get over once a year and get in three, if possible. Does three consecutive matches once a year make me a "match goer" or an "armchair fan"? I'm really not sure...
                            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Originally posted by gator View Post
                              It's tough supporting Rangers from afar, I think many of you take for granted what you have in close proximity! I know Fraggy and dsqpr who have emigrated to Canada will tell you they love living here but the biggest thing they miss is going to matches at Loftus Road!
                              Tough is an understatement, I wake up daily to views of a beautiful lake (on U.K. standards, we would call it an Ocean), & I still miss the site of SAR on a Saturday afternoon. I like many, when living in The U.K. took it for granted, that I could jump in my car or on a train & be at LR within the hour.
                              Also, just like our resident spud mentioned, I have to tolerate people over here calling the beautiful game 'soccer', drives me insane! My staff bought me a T shirt for Christmas with a logo stating "It's Football Not Soccer" with a nice little insult on the back

Football is getting bigger over here (fastest growing sport in Canada currently), but I'm sure Gator, who is also a die hard Toronto FC (I always have fun asking people what the FC stands for) fan, will tell you that the quality currently just doesn't cut it; although I must admit it is fun watching Henry run around for the Red Bulls & Earnshaw running rings around most MLS defences
                              Minds Are Like Parachutes.
                              Work Best When Open...
                              @Nowt2SeeHere

Comment

Originally posted by The Lurker View Post
                                Interesting debate!

As you may know, I'm a 'Spurs fan & on my regular forum, I'd say about 20% (& that's being quite generous) are regular match-goers. Unfortunately, too many of the remaining 80% are from the USA; don't know what they're talking about & call the beautiful game 'soccer' (it's one of my pet hates)! It's a real breath of fresh air to read some of the stuff on here and to see how many of you actually go to games.

I'm more of an armchair fan, these days - it's hard to get tickets for home games, as I live in Brum. But, if friends have spares, I occasionally get an invite.

The one thing I hate doing is watching big games (especially internationals) in pubs. Too many p*ssheads & too many of my own sex who know nothing about football, but try to pretend that they do. I know that's rich, coming from she who admits that she's 'only here for the Niko' but, believe it or not, I do have a football brain!

P.S. Apologies to any American Rangers fans, who are reading this & are offended by my comments - I was merely relating my experiences from another forum!
                                Only offended if you intended to include me under the "American" moniker! I totally agree that it's called FOOTBALL and the message seems to be slowly taking hold over here: well done to Toronto for calling their MLS team "Toronto FC"!

My favourite comeback for the "soccer" knob heads: how many S's are there in FIFA?
                                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Working...
                                X