Adebayor (again)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
    Just me that thinks that, ability aside, he would fark any morale me have right up?
    nah i agree Matty..bad character to have in the dressing room. He can fark off.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post

How do you know this, HR has worked with him, he would not bring him in if he was a problem, to much work has gone into getting rid of bad eggs already.
      Kept the faith!

Comment

Posted on a Spurs Forum. - http://www.thefightingcock.co.uk/for...r.4728/page-57 (Post 1137)

Emmanuel Adebayor demands a £1m pay-off to walk away from Tottenham

Emmanuel Adebayor has demanded Tottenham pay him a staggering £1 million to leave the club after he was dumped in the reserves.

The Togo striker has slipped down the pecking order at White Hart Lane this season and is no longer part of Andre Villas-Boas’ plans following the £27m arrival of Roberto Soldado from Valencia in the summer, despite a decent showing in pre-season.

After failing to secure a move away from north London during the transfer window Adebayor was banished to train with the youth team and Metro understand he has requested chairman Daniel Levy cancel his contract and make him a free agent so he can find a new club.

Adebayor still has two years remaining on his £100,000-a-week contract and won’t walk away cheaply from the club he joined on a permanently last season following a successful loan spell during 2011/12, in which he scored 17 goals.

Former Spurs boss Harry Redknapp expressed an interest in bringing the 29-year-old to QPR on loan this week but it seems the former Woolwich and Manchester City misfit is eyeing a lucrative switch to a Middle Eastern club.

It’s likely Adebayor will push Tottenham to release him next week and allow him to seek new employment.

:adelol:

... Plus,
        During the week a reporter had asked AVB if Ade was to play any role this season.
        AVB responded by saying, "Potentially."
        Imo, that doesn't sound much of a positive or a definitive of an answer ... so, who knows?

Comment

If he comes, it will mean he will be up for the fight. He will have no problem getting a deal somewhere in the Middle East or Asia. Would def welcome him here but really doubt it.

The 1mil he is demanding seems a bit low too. 10 weeks wages when he has 2 years left on his contract? Didn't Barton (supposedly) demand 3 times more to leave?

Comment

Not sure how you know this unless you've witnessed this. HR would have and would be far better placed than you to make the judgement.
            Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

all those bad eggs last year who made such a stink in the dressing room - none of them had any reputation for being trouble did they?
              Whereas all the players signed this summer are at least trying their best. So I wouldn't worry about that.

Comment

We have no bad apples left , if ade comes and plays up Harry will just send him back . So go get him Harry!

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
                  We have no bad apples left , if ade comes and plays up Harry will just send him back . So go get him Harry!
                  Sounds like he'll be here soon.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    Sounds like he'll be here soon.
                    or on the deadline, or not at all, one of those I think

Comment

http://www.mirror.co.uk/sport/footba...ebayor-2276703
                      Kept the faith!

Comment

"Harry Redknapp’s QPR are first in the queue , but the north London club will not do them any favours unless they offer to pay a big chunk of Adebayor’s £160,000-a-week wages."

Forget that, I'm sure there are other Premiership clubs with players for a lot less.

Comment

We would have to pay around £40-60k a week to bring him here, no way Levy is paying him £160k a week, to savvy for that. If by some long shot he is paying him that then that's and he failed as terrible as he did last season that would have cost HR his job?
                          Kept the faith!

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            "Harry Redknapp’s QPR are first in the queue , but the north London club will not do them any favours unless they offer to pay a big chunk of Adebayor’s £160,000-a-week wages."

Forget that, I'm sure there are other Premiership clubs with players for a lot less.
                            Being pedantic, but that's rubbish on his wages; that's what he was on at City and he took a "cut" to £100k a week at Spurs as they have a pay cap. Poor sod, not sure how he survives on such a pittance. Agree with California in that , if anything were to come off, we would probably be subsidising half.
                            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

We would definetly have to pay something Spurs have been very good to us in recent years but there's limit to how far they will and can go

Comment

Originally posted by MattyRangers View Post
                                Being pedantic, but that's rubbish on his wages; that's what he was on at City and he took a "cut" to £100k a week at Spurs as they have a pay cap. Poor sod, not sure how he survives on such a pittance. Agree with California in that , if anything were to come off, we would probably be subsidising half.
                                I think he got over it when City gave him a fat pay off to "make up" for his "drastic" wage cut!

Comment

Working...
                                X