Catch 22 situation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Catch 22 situation

Loan market opens next week,and as has been said loan would last for 3 months only,so do we get in a striker straight away( only for loan to run out early December) or wait a few weeks and have him here to cover busy Christmas period.The risk we take in waiting of course is that the good ones could be snapped up quickly??

Guess something is better than nothing and then try and get someone in jan

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
      Loan market opens next week,and as has been said loan would last for 3 months only,so do we get in a striker straight away( only for loan to run out early December) or wait a few weeks and have him here to cover busy Christmas period.The risk we take in waiting of course is that the good ones could be snapped up quickly??
      If you sign somebody on an emergency loan, can you then extend it for a month and then sign them on loan to the end of the season in the January transfer period.

Comment

Originally posted by jmelanie View Post
        If you sign somebody on an emergency loan, can you then extend it for a month and then sign them on loan to the end of the season in the January transfer period.
        Didn't we do something similar with tommy smith

Comment

I don't think you can

Comment

This is where Harry's nous & contacts come in. If as you say he wants a striker to cover that busy period he could put a flea in the ear of a player & their agent who he wants to say hang on for 2-3 weeks then we'll sign you. We are a big draw in this league plus our position in the table helps recruit. Add to that our other loans from Spurs mainly ie Walker, Townsend & Taarabt have All been successes players know its a move worth making. I'm confident we'll get someone decent in.

Comment

Sooner rather than later for me.

The unbeaten run into December was HUGE in our last promotion season.
              Why wait ?

If 1 loan ends, bring in another ?

Comment

Now Johnson is staying and with our midfield signings suggesting we are moving to 4-5-1 I wouldn't assume we will get anyone. Austin hasn't come to sit on the bench and if Johnson was wanted by a Prem team (well, Palace) then he will be expecting a certain amount of game time. And if we were to get some big name - as we were linked to - they certainly wouldn't drop down to the championship if they weren't guaranteed to start.

Comment

Originally posted by Jimmy Rabbit View Post
                  This is where Harry's nous & contacts come in. If as you say he wants a striker to cover that busy period he could put a flea in the ear of a player & their agent who he wants to say hang on for 2-3 weeks then we'll sign you. We are a big draw in this league plus our position in the table helps recruit. Add to that our other loans from Spurs mainly ie Walker, Townsend & Taarabt have All been successes players know its a move worth making. I'm confident we'll get someone decent in.
                  This... We are in a great position and players will want to come to be a part of it.

Comment

Harry has said over and over that he wants 4 senior strikers in his squad,so pretty sure he will get one in on loan

Comment

Originally posted by Rebel R's View Post
                      Harry has said over and over that he wants 4 senior strikers in his squad,so pretty sure he will get one in on loan
                      Any spare good ones at our mother club Spuds ?

Comment

Have to be prepared for Johnsons injury..we all know its coming.

Comment

who is there to sign on loan? i can think of nicky manyard and thats it tbh
                          i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
                            Players that arnt in the 25 man prem squads when they are named ?

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
                              Billy Sharp?!

Comment

Working...
                              X