Mind Blowing Transfers?!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mind Blowing Transfers?!!!

Now I do still think that Harry choice of wording was asking for trouble a little bit but you have to say, we have brought in 3 players on deadline day that undoubtedly of a much higher quality than Championship level. Assou-Ekotto and Kranjcar just a few years back were first team regulars in a Spurs side playing in the Champions League, both are still only 29 years old. Tom Carroll, whilst I haven't seen much of him, is touted as one of the best under-21's in the country. You only have to look at the list of clubs he turned down to come here to know that he's a special player.

Some will complain that we are a bit light up top or could do with a little bit more pace at the back, well maybe so but look at the squad compared with the end of last season. If you had told me that our squad would look like this coming into September I would have called you a liar. Harry and his team have done a fantastic job to get rid of so much dead wood and bring in quality players that want to play for the club. To be honest I think we have a far superior squad this season that we did last year and probably the season before. Really confident of a good season and promotion now!

You R's!!!

Totally agree . Absolutely no excuses not to be top to . The gulf in class between us and the rest if the division is quite some . Three top signings

Comment

Loans to come too, maybe 2 or three more astounders??!!

Comment

before these 3 signings, we looked strong, now we look to be on another level to the teams in the champ.
        Not usually optimistic but hard to see us failing to go up

Comment

These 3 are mind blowing enough for me. Afterall we are in the 2nd tier league.

Comment

Originally posted by LoftusRoadLad View Post
            These 3 are mind blowing enough for me. Afterall we are in the 2nd tier league.
            not for long!!

Comment

Also Wigan losing their best player weakens one of our rivals.

Comment

Yes this squad would have been relegated If it had been in the Premier League.
                QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

As this and other threads bear out, fans' expectations have now risen dramatically...

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                    As this and other threads bear out, fans' expectations have now risen dramatically...
                    Why not though when you have a manager saying we're going for promotion this season and an owner that has shown he's more than happy shove some money into it?

Comment

Originally posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
                      Why not though when you have a manager saying we're going for promotion this season and an owner that has shown he's more than happy shove some money into it?
                      I agree OneEyedWilly. Important to keep our feet on the ground though - it's still very early in the season and the team needs to settle and find its feet. Quietly confident though.

Comment

Best transfer window we've done in years and years if you ask me. The fact that we've managed to shift so many high earners, saving the club about a 600k a week in wages- maybe more? and still build a team as good as ours is pretty incredible.

We've kept Hoilett, seem to have a different Barton and now have options throughout the team.

A lot of credit has to go to Phil Beard, TF and Harry for the work they've done IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post
                          I agree OneEyedWilly. Important to keep our feet on the ground though - it's still very early in the season and the team needs to settle and find its feet. Quietly confident though.
                          Totally agree mate, very important to keep focused and realise that we have a winning squad and to be careful with what we add and subtract from it. Just meant its understandable how some get on here as its the way the club has been run now for 2-3 seasons.

Comment

Lets be honest every player Redknapp has brought in has been a success right? Only blip could be Samba but who would of thought that? We all wanted him. So I trust his judgement. Add Phillips to yesterday's additions & we have done some amazing business. Not forgetting the trash we have managed to shift. Top top business!!

Comment

Quite happy with this squad.
                              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                              X