No announcement yet.

Popularity of UK clubs in Australia...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Popularity of UK clubs in Australia...

Everyday see Chelsea shirts, Man U shirts. Next is probably Arsenal and Liverpool (regularly seen), then Spuds, Newcastle, Villa, Celtic and then probably Everton and West Ham and Glasgow Rangers, the last three about equal numbers. We are way, way behind. Only ever come across about 5 R's shirts in more than 14 years in Oz. The day Bobby Robson died saw a guy wearing a Fulham scarf...never so much as seen anyone even wearing a Fulham shirt before that.

I've got the latest ' Dennis the Menace ' in Port Melbourne - Was over for Blackpool & Forest a few weeks ago & will be back at Christmas to for a few games - Also got a flag up - I cringe whenever I see a Chelsea top - 'ankers !!

Comment

it may have something to do with chelsea, man u arsenal etc are all premier league while we are in the championship.

man u, arsenal etc are known worldwide whilst we are not.

Comment

an aussie mate of mine said that perth glory have alot of chelsea fans...also one end is called the shed?

Comment

Southends away end looks like a cow shed.
          Chelmsford City the home of Radio

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
            Everyday see Chelsea shirts, Man U shirts. Next is probably Arsenal and Liverpool (regularly seen), then Spuds, Newcastle, Villa, Celtic and then probably Everton and West Ham and Glasgow Rangers, the last three about equal numbers. We are way, way behind. Only ever come across about 5 R's shirts in more than 14 years in Oz. The day Bobby Robson died saw a guy wearing a Fulham scarf...never so much as seen anyone even wearing a Fulham shirt before that.
            Did they enjoy the Ashes?
            http://www.facebook.com/pages/1882QP...5398272?ref=ts

Comment

Why is it that Aussies always have to wear flip flops, beach shorts and one of those sodding baggy wooly hats no matter the weather?
              And they call Bush - She Bu.:anger: Taken a real disliking to them last few years.

Comment

Originally posted by Gtleighsr3 View Post
                Southends away end looks like a cow shed.

saaarfend looks like a cow shed...............period!!
                you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                X