Quick thoughts

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Quick thoughts

Bolton might not have got off to a good start but they don't look like a bad side. Big and physical at the back and they gave Austin & Johnson a tough time. I don't think they'll get beaten often at home this season.

The atmosphere was a bit subdued considering our start to the season - I suppose the early kick off up in the North West didn't help. Improved a little after the goal but on the whole pretty quiet.

Overall it wasn't a spectacle but we found a way to win despite not creating many real chances. Every player battled hard & really looked up for it which was great to see. There were a few missed placed passes which nearly cost us but nobody had a bad game.

Man of the Match for me goes to Green who made two or three excellent saves.

Huge game at Leeds next Saturday but it's great to start the bank holiday weekend with 3 points.

COYRs.

Also the ref was terrible - 7 bookings (6 for us) and it wasn't a dirty game. Where the fourth official got 5 mins added time from I've no idea.

I think I'd like to see Traore given a run on the left wing rather than SWP. He has pace to burn and set up Jenas (I think?) for an absolute sitter late in the game which somehow he missed completely. I think he'd scare a lot of right backs in this division.

We have some good midfield options now, particularly when Phillips gets fit. Faurlin & Jenas on the bench and Hoilett injured just shows our strength in depth.

Still think we need another CB and CF if I'm being greedy but we're building a decent squad with players who care. We could really do without shouting abuse at Zamora & Traore who took a bit of unnecessary flak from some when they came on - mindless and unhelpful imo.

Comment

Working...
    X