Someone tell me...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Someone tell me...

Can someone tell me why we got absoloutly slaughtered for spending a few Mill on a couple of players last season and the season before YET..
    Southampton spend £30mill on 2 unproven premier league players in their 2nd prem season and Sunderland have spent about £20m on unknown players!!

No one says ANYTHING about them spending money.

Think we've just all gota get used to no one liking us.

People see QPR have a 18k ground & that's their opinion on how big or small a football club is. This 40,000 will change peoples opinion's over time

Quite stupid really, a football club is no bigger then where they are in the league after a certain amount of league games in my books
    Under Les Ferdinand:
    Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
    Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
    Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
    Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
    And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

West London your spot on and its double standards of the highest order. I think even Cardiff have spent more then we did when we came up and everyone has turned a blind eye and Norwich have started lumping up there expenditure without a murmur.

Comment

Think the criticisms levelled against us were far more due to the volume of players we signed, and the yearly (almost six-monthly) team re-builds that we kept undertaking. Showing we had absolutely no idea what we were doing. Which we didn't.

Whereas Saints and Norwich both stayed up, and are now adding some more expensive pieces to already settled sides.

Sunderland I'll grant you, but then it's Di Canio innit.

Comment

Makes me laugh too. Even when we did spend a few quid there were plenty of others that spent more. Ironically, Sunderland fans were some of the most vocal about "money bags Rangers". LOFL
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Good point - just because they are all getting astronomical TV money this season shouldnt detract from the point that teams are spending like there is no tomorrow.

We got hammered because we paid high wages and/or transfer fees in what looked like, and ultimately proved, a desperate attempt to run before we could walk.

Comment

it's because we (tony) lapped up all the exposure & rushed to tell anyone who'd listen about our project.

meanwhile southampton quietly improved there squad, investing heavily wihtout upsetting core, & replaced their (limited) manager with a class act in pochettino

also helps that they're funded by a deceased billionaire, it doesn't get much better than that!

southampton wil, surprise a lot this season, top 10 if not top 8 IMO

Comment

good post, lets not forget Swansea who just scrape over 20,000, Norwich and Soton fans in particular were vociferous in their attacks on us
                I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                This morning's tempest I have to cross
                I must be guided without a stumble
                Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Ironic aint it chaps. I remember when it was reported Cesar was on his way to the #### but they wouldn't match his wages of £60k, a few chumps chimed in and said "Nah, its QPR mate, he's on at least 100k"

I think the most ridiculous thing I heard was that we signed Zamora for 9mil and pay him 100k also!

Other fans are idiots.

Comment

Please don't forget those good little Norwich fans who absolutely slaughtered us the past two seasons.
                    They moaned like f**k as we, QPR, spent money and they hadn't, it stank of jealosuy.
                    Well so far in this transfer window, as per Talk Sport, they have spent £28 million and according to Houghton this morning there may be some more.
                    They now look like right hypocrits. I hope this all goes horribly wrong for them as their majority wished on us last season!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Since1971 View Post
                      Please don't forget those good little Norwich fans who absolutely slaughtered us the past two seasons.
                      They moaned like f**k as we, QPR, spent money and they hadn't, it stank of jealosuy.
                      Well so far in this transfer window, as per Talk Sport, they have spent £28 million and according to Houghton this morning there may be some more.
                      They now look like right hypocrits. I hope this all goes horribly wrong for them as their majority wished on us last season!!!
                      Well said, mate. I too, hope those carrot crunching jokers, and those chavs in Swansea, have as miserable a season as we endured last year.
                      Cardiff following suit would be a nice bonus, the icing on my cake in actual fact.

Comment

Originally posted by Since1971 View Post
                        Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                        Well said, mate. I too, hope those carrot crunching jokers, and those chavs in Swansea, have as miserable a season as we endured last year.
                        Cardiff following suit would be a nice bonus, the icing on my cake in actual fact.

Comment

Because we brought in 24 new players all on high wages, not 3 or 4.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                            Because we brought in 24 new players all on high wages, not 3 or 4.
                            This.

I don't really get this thread at all - we brought in tons of players and had one of the worst seasons in PL history, including setting the record for most games without a win, and were generally embarrassed all round. Say what you like about Norwich, Swansea, Southampton etc. but they all stayed up when we didn't.

Don't really get someone going on about new TV money making no difference either, it's literally tens of millions more which of course will affect how much clubs can spend.

Comment

Originally posted by Shepherds Mush View Post
                              Good point - just because they are all getting astronomical TV money this season shouldnt detract from the point that teams are spending like there is no tomorrow.

We got hammered because we paid high wages and/or transfer fees in what looked like, and ultimately proved, a desperate attempt to run before we could walk.
                              Ultimately I rather have our board in place than most of these other clubs board. With a bit of luck, the right long term structure in place, a new stadium and a bit of on the field success there is no reason why we can't become a bit of a force. Time will tell.

Comment

Working...
                              X