Our new problem

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our new problem

So our big problem last year was that we were signing too many big name players on wages that no other club would offer them. We don't do that any more, our signings are a bit more thought out and have acceptable wage packages. By doing this, we have created our own new monster in that other clubs that are bigger than us can now offer the same amount that we did. There is a thread discussing Finnbogason who would be an incredible signing especially for 4-5 mil.
    The issue is that other clubs will know that he is incredible value and because we have a better wage structure that is similar to other clubs in the Prem, it is now easy for them to gazump us. Do you think that we should stay like this and hope that a prem club doesn't come in for potential signings, or should we overcompensate for being in the championship, especially considering we have cut a huge amount of wages off the bill?
    "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Stay as we are.

We may not be able to get all of the signings we want, but at least the ones we do get will be with the club for the right reasons. Also, any future dealings will be better in that players will be easier to sell on and there may actually be some profit to be made.

Comment

Agree. It will so minimise the chances of players falling out when they know others Re on lots more money (like last season)

Comment

Parker is on a whack and so is Defoe so I do not understand where we stand.

Comment

That doesn't mean we will offer them the same.

Comment

These players will not take a big cut if any at all. Why would they? They are both over thirty and at the pinnacle of their earnings.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post
              These players will not take a big cut if any at all. Why would they? They are both over thirty and at the pinnacle of their earnings.
              Which they shouldn't be expecting to stay the same, as they get ever older, ever slower, slightly more prone to injuries, etc, etc.
              But, as we need at least one more striker in as a matter of utmost urgency, I would make an exception for Defoe, just this once.

Comment

Originally posted by Wolfy View Post

Maybe they would rather play regularly than sit on the bench. Maybe they would prefer the glory of a promotion charge and possible championship than mid-table premiership obscurity. Maybe they would like to work with Harry again. Maybe they are financially comfortable anyway. Who knows but, given our position, I doubt that we are offering premiership wages to thirty-plus players, at least without performance/appearances clauses.

Comment

Agreed Paker / Defoe will be on big wages however you can offer them lower wages but bigger bonus if we go up, wth a salary increase to there old wage.

We dont go up they stay on the lower wages hence giving them the motivation to get the team performing, if we do the owners wont mind because of the money they will receive and we have two players who can play next year.

Still dont think we will get ethier as I cant see Defoe moving and Parker will go to the prem IMO. The QPR agreement coming out was the same tactic Hooper and Celtic used to raise the price and flush out Norwich.

If he signs amazing if not move on and quick because we need a CM, CDF, ST and a creative player / Winger.

Anyway could be an interesting couple of weeks.
                  One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Keep it like that. If we cannot agree deal with Parker then don't offer more. We already have O'Niel and hopefully will keep Barton. I would only offfer more for proven strikers like Austin.
                    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Working...
                    X