The Defence

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• The Defence

When Dunne is up to full fitness, and if we sign Baird we will have some wise heads to call upon.
    They may not be the greatest, but they are no nonsense defenders that just do there job.
    Hill, Dunne and Baird may not be the quickest, but they will give 100% for us and put up a brick wall.

Onouha looks rock solid so far, and I can't see him losing his place.
    But Hill, Dunne and Baird are Old School.
    They may not be the fastest, but are rocks and will hold there own this season!!

As long as the defence does its job, its up to the midfield and attack to do there's.
    So far it doesn't look too bad.
    We are only 2 games into the season, and it looks hopefully so far of what we are trying to achieve.

I've been offline for a while. So is Baird looking a definite signing now?

Comment

lets not get carried away, both teams played have been relegation fodder

Comment

Yes, how dare you bring that hope and optimism on here!

Comment

The defensive situation is worrying. At the moment, we've got three centre backs, one of whom has a terrible injury record and his contract apparently reflects the risk we've taken in signing him. We've got the ever-slowing Clint.

At fullback, we've got the glass-like Traore who HR says wants to leave, along with Yun who is inexperienced in English football. Then there's Luke Young who's hardly played any football in a long time because of a long-term injury.

We've got two good prospects in Harriman and Ehmer who need to be brought along slowly.

I disagree with the idea that Ned could play RB. He's our best CB right now and would you want to move him from there? Clint, by his own admission can no longer play at LB.

Because of the Hill/Dunne/Traore/Young issues, I believe we need two CBs, along with a LB and a RB. Will be surprised if we get that many though.
          Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Hill should not be a starter. Think we need to bring 1 CB and 1 LB atleast.

Comment

I think when we play teams with more youngsters and pace we will have problems.

Comment

We need another CB and a LB

Comment

Everyone talks about Dunne's injury record but other than last season he's not had to many problems. Sure it may take longer for a guy of his age to recover but as long as we don't push him to hard to soon i can't see a problem. Im hoping him and Nedum will make a good Cb pairing and in all fairness as a player Nedum can lern alot more from a player of Dunne's undoubted class than he ever could from Clint. That being said another Cb would be good but my guess would be if we get Baird that won't happen unless we get injuries.

Comment

Not sure why everyone seems to be so uneasy about Yun tbh. He may be young (no pun intended) and fairly inexperienced but he is rapidly becoming one of the longest-serving players we have. He has done pretty well in the games he has played, certainly hasn't looked a liability defensively anyway and pretty good going forward too. All round, he seems better (to me anyway) than we have had last couple of seasons.

Comment

Hill is a liability now. He needs competition . Having said so; he will play a blinder on saturday.
                      QPR
                      Best team in the world
                      Sort of

Comment

I think we have the best defence in the league by far to be honest , we look very strong there.

Comment

No Traore, please.

Comment

Originally posted by winalotto View Post
                            I think we have the best defence in the league by far to be honest , we look very strong there.
                            Really? OK.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Working...
                            X