Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
    - Give the pirate a chance!

Didn't he have a chance last year though, about 30 I think, he even got a chance at home vs MKDons in the cup, lots of chances there
    People need to stop going on about last year it was woeful ! We all know it but this is a fresh start now . Hoilett and Barton were universally hated last year and are now have been arguebly our two best players !

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
      Really good player, when Faurlin & Granero played together early last season they were very good. Really hope fans start backing him as he is talented
      Some people keep saying this, Granero's a very good player etc, but based on what? The fact he played for Real Madrid?

He's meant to be an offensive midfielder yet last season he chipped in with 1 goal and a couple of assists. I watched every game last season either in person or on the telly (they're all televised over here) and I watched Granero very carefully, he is anonymous for the most part of every game he plays. For a central midfielder he really doesn't impose himself on the game, he goes missing for large periods and he really isn't involved in the game at all in the attacking 3rd where he should be. Alright he keeps the ball well and makes a few tidy touches but rarely is he involved in anything that leads to a goal or scoring chance.

I can only assume that he was able to look better at Madrid where there were better players around him but if you break down what he did for us last season, it was actually very little. Personally I think he's poor and I think he'll be a flop wherever he goes next!

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
        Some people keep saying this, Granero's a very good player etc, but based on what? The fact he played for Real Madrid?

He's meant to be an offensive midfielder yet last season he chipped in with 1 goal and a couple of assists. I watched every game last season either in person or on the telly (they're all televised over here) and I watched Granero very carefully, he is anonymous for the most part of every game he plays. For a central midfielder he really doesn't impose himself on the game, he goes missing for large periods and he really isn't involved in the game at all in the attacking 3rd where he should be. Alright he keeps the ball well and makes a few tidy touches but rarely is he involved in anything that leads to a goal or scoring chance.

I can only assume that he was able to look better at Madrid where there were better players around him but if you break down what he did for us last season, it was actually very little. Personally I think he's poor and I think he'll be a flop wherever he goes next!
        I appreciate u watched him closely every game last year maybe u didn't see anyone else because no one really came out of last year with any credit! U are right in a sense u can't judge him solely on his time in Madrid but the same should be said on judging him on last year ! Be objective he is still young was his first season in English football and he was in possibly one of the worst sides in premier league history ! All any of us can go on is reputation at this point and would rather someone who played all then games for Madrid ! We need to get out of this habit of saying this player is **** because last season! Messi prob wouldn't if hit double figures in our team last year !

Comment

Despite what Harry says does anyone really think that if the club gets a decent offer they won't shift him in a heartbeat?

Comment

Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
            I appreciate u watched him closely every game last year maybe u didn't see anyone else because no one really came out of last year with any credit! U are right in a sense u can't judge him solely on his time in Madrid but the same should be said on judging him on last year ! Be objective he is still young was his first season in English football and he was in possibly one of the worst sides in premier league history ! All any of us can go on is reputation at this point and would rather someone who played all then games for Madrid ! We need to get out of this habit of saying this player is **** because last season! Messi prob wouldn't if hit double figures in our team last year !
            In any occupation you get judged by results, Granero was a flagship signing last season and one of the players tasked with keeping us in the league. Dunno why we should be making excuses for him to be honest, especially given that he doesn't want to stay and help us back into the top flight!

Comment

He's hopeless
              http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                In any occupation you get judged by results, Granero was a flagship signing last season and one of the players tasked with keeping us in the league. Dunno why we should be making excuses for him to be honest, especially given that he doesn't want to stay and help us back into the top flight!
                So are hoilett Barton and faurlin **** then !

Comment

It is very frustrating when I constantly read 'He is a very good player', he isn't. He takes too long on the ball, he is weak and he has all the attributes that don't suit English football. He would be even worse in the Championship.

Comment

Originally posted by furlong29 View Post
                    So are hoilett Barton and faurlin **** then !
                    Gotta go case by case really haven't you mate?

I was massively disappointed by Hoilett last season, both in attitude and his performances but he appears to be making a much better effort this season. Faurlin definitely isn't sh*t and never has been, cracking player who's time with us in the Prem was ruined by a nasty injury, he will be a very important player for us this year.

Barton of course I wanted to see leave last season, I also think some of his tweets are stupid, ill advised and unprofessional. All that said and done, if Bartons head's straight he is a fantastic player to have on our side, I was really impressed with what he did at the weekend, especially given that he had no idea what the crowd reaction to him would be.

The difference between all 3 of the players above and Granero is that the 3 above have stepped up and made an effort despite the relegation, where's Granero? Sulking, wishing he was playing in the Champions League?!!!

Comment

Working...
                    X