Transfer Window so Far

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Transfer Window so Far

So we have built a reputation of being Charlie Big Bo llocks the last few windows which is a myth as for actual transfer fees a lot of out business has been free transfer etc although large numbers have come in through the doors

Again so far we appear to have done some decent business brining in 5; Dunne, Simpson & O'Neil freebies and Austin & Henry combined of £4.5mil

I think its been a decent window thus far and as someone has on there signature we have shipped 19 out the club.

I expect to see two more come in which might bring our spending up to the £8 or £10mil mark which to me if the quality is as the above means we have had a blinding window.

If we shift as a minimum Cesar, Mbia possibly Granero don't think we can ask an awful lot more

agreed wests...we had a lot of deadwood here to shift and im surprised we've ditched as many as we have!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
      So we have built a reputation of being Charlie Big Bo llocks the last few windows which is a myth as for actual transfer fees a lot of out business has been free transfer etc although large numbers have come in through the doors
      This is something i noticed, where other teams have spent equal....sometimes more on transfer fees and it goes unnoticed. I know we spent a fair bit on wages but the majority were on free transfers or minimal fees. Look at southampton £20 mill on 2 players, Cardiff £16/17 mill on 2 players and norwich. There is no negativity or media attention around their transfer spend, yet last year were the disliked team of the league because of our spending!!

Comment

A lot of the attention we've had has been about the sheer volume of ins and outs, and by that score, we're no better this window.

It would be nice to have a quiet transfer window at some point, it might make us look like less of a circus.

Comment

norwich have spent £24m i thought??
          no one picks up on them, maybe we "courted" the media more? hence the odemwengie fiasco....he wasn't so keen this window was he

Comment

Originally posted by themodfather View Post
            norwich have spent £24m i thought??
            no one picks up on them, maybe we "courted" the media more? hence the odemwengie fiasco....he wasn't so keen this window was he
            Allow the deadline day to come by, it's not fun otherwise.

Comment

It's been brilliant watching us offload all that sh1t. It's been as pleasurable as bringing in the sensible signings we've made. One more heave and Mbia, Cesar, Diakite , Anton and Traore will be gone as well. That'd be our best close season for many a moon.

Comment

Working...
              X