stop digging

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• stop digging

People really need to stop digging out players such as Henry and Simpson.its a new season a new league and a lot of new faces. We won ffs which has been a rare occurrence in the last couple of years it will take time for all the new faces to settle but lets take this one step at a time and get behind the team and stop slagging all the players off...thats got that off my chest. COYRsss

Originally posted by shanns View Post
    People really need to stop digging out players such as Henry and Simpson.its a new season a new league and a lot of new faces. We won ffs which has been a rare occurrence in the last couple of years it will take time for all the new faces to settle but lets take this one step at a time and get behind the team and stop slagging all the players off...thats got that off my chest. COYRsss
    Spot on, was thinking the same myself last night.

Simpson did ok, fairly solid at the back, as their left winger looked quite handy, also did a decent cross that Austin almost scored from.

Henry although got caught in possession a few times still did ok. That one tackle that he put in after Faurlin did those 3 on the trot almost created a goal for Hoillett was exactly what you want to see, someone committed and wanting to win. That's been in pretty short supply the last couple of years.

Not sure what people want to achieve by slagging players off after 1 game when they didn't do that badly.

Comment

Couldn't agree more. After 2 years of mercenaries who couldn't give a **** we finally have some players who are willing to put a shift in, and we want to rip into them after one game. 'kin unbelievable........

Comment

Originally posted by shanns View Post
        Totally agree. The first day is always difficult specially after relegation as you need to get confidence back. Some fans need to remember that the players are human beings and should not expect them to play well in every game. There are 46 league games and many of them will be during cold Tuesday/Wednesday nights and we will face difficult periods during the season. I thought the team ddid well yesterday considering it was only the first game.
        Last edited by Yousef; 04-08-2013, 08:57 AM.
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

We are all entitled to our opinions and just because we have new players in and we won doesn't mean all is rosy. It may have been their first games but for me Henry looked overwhelmed and out of his depth and Simpson did not impress. Would have preferred Derry over Henry but then again I would have started with Hoillett, Barton, Faurlin and SWP.

If we want promotion we cant carry players and today we did.

Football is all about opinions and we all see each game differently, so back off and let people say what they want, you'll soon be moaning when we have a board where everyone agrees with everyone and there no discussion
          22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
            We are all entitled to our opinions and just because we have new players in and we won doesn't mean all is rosy. It may have been their first games but for me Henry looked overwhelmed and out of his depth and Simpson did not impress. Would have preferred Derry over Henry but then again I would have started with Hoillett, Barton, Faurlin and SWP.

If we want promotion we cant carry players and today we did.

Football is all about opinions and we all see each game differently, so back off and let people say what they want, you'll soon be moaning when we have a board where everyone agrees with everyone and there no discussion

Your basis for Henry looking overwhelmed and "out of his depth" is because he lost the ball a few times? He did his job to an extent, and think he will be an asset for us going forward.

As for Simpson, really struggle to see what he did that wrong, like I said he dealt with their tricky winger quite well, and put in some decent challenges in, that one in the first half when they were breaking was excellent, where he got slightly injured.

Much rather have Simpson and Henry than Traore and Zamora who once again proved themselves to be heartless and disninterested.

You also said you wanted SWP to play, I take it that's a wind-up?

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
              Your basis for Henry looking overwhelmed and "out of his depth" is because he lost the ball a few times? He did his job to an extent, and think he will be an asset for us going forward.

As for Simpson, really struggle to see what he did that wrong, like I said he dealt with their tricky winger quite well, and put in some decent challenges in, that one in the first half when they were breaking was excellent, where he got slightly injured.

Much rather have Simpson and Henry than Traore and Zamora who once again proved themselves to be heartless and disninterested.

You also said you wanted SWP to play, I take it that's a wind-up?
              After 20 mins you could see that Faurlin and Henry were being over run in cm and that Hoillett had a free run down the left so I would have put Ale and Joey in the middle and brought on SWP who would have probably enjoyed as much space as Hoillett did. So no not a wind up, just an opinion
              22nd February away v Charlton is the 40th Anniversary of my support of QPR and my first game. Away v Chelsea 3-3 23rd Feb 1974. 40 years of pure magic!!

Comment

Originally posted by Sotonsuperhoop View Post
                After 20 mins you could see that Faurlin and Henry were being over run in cm and that Hoillett had a free run down the left so I would have put Ale and Joey in the middle and brought on SWP who would have probably enjoyed as much space as Hoillett did. So no not a wind up, just an opinion
                Fair enough, each to their own, but SWP didn't look the greatest when he came on did he?

You seem to be willing to give SWP a chance after his last two years of going through the motions, yet Henry and Simpson who have played 1 game are not being given the same grace.

Comment

Originally posted by THE CAT View Post
                  Spot on, was thinking the same myself last night.

Simpson did ok, fairly solid at the back, as their left winger looked quite handy, also did a decent cross that Austin almost scored from.

Henry although got caught in possession a few times still did ok. That one tackle that he put in after Faurlin did those 3 on the trot almost created a goal for Hoillett was exactly what you want to see, someone committed and wanting to win. That's been in pretty short supply the last couple of years.

Not sure what people want to achieve by slagging players off after 1 game when they didn't do that badly.
                  What he said.
                  You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Working...
                  X