Owl in peace

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Owl in peace

First of all - let me just say congratulations on your first win of what im sure will be many in this Championship campaign.

Secondly, I'd just like to say what a fantastic game it was today. I unfortunately couldn't make it down from Sheffield, but watched it on a live stream via the internet and was mightily impressed by both us and QPR.

The sheer depth of quality you guys have is astonishing, it was a genuinely frightening prospect seeing somebody like Jenas and Wright-Phillips come off the bench for you.

For all his controversy, Joey Barton is a top player at this level and also caused us numerous problems.

But despite all this quality, I felt we made your lads feel like you were having a game. I'm sure many of your fans felt like it'd be a nice routine win for you to start the season off, but fingers crossed you came back from the game today thinking 'You know what, Sheffield Wednesday aren't a bad side'

Anyway, just wanted to come on here and congratulate you guys on the win today, and to wish you the best of luck for the season, apart from the 25th January when you visit Hillsborough!

Your 6'6 ft striker is a absolute monster , that is all

Comment

good post

Was a decent game end to end at times but overall entertaining. Decent and vocal away following too

Comment

Originally posted by QprSinceBirth View Post
        Your 6'6 ft striker is a absolute monster , that is all
        Aye, we nicked him from under the noses of Crystal Palace who had him on trial for a couple of weeks. What's interesting about him is that he isn't purely a target man, but good with his feet too.

A poor man's Peter Crouch I guess. Top finish for his goal today mind!

Comment

What a miss from Antonio though, felt he was nailed on to score. We definetly rode our luck at times. Never for one minute thought this game would be easy especially coming off the back of two years losing every week in the PL.
          No surprise Weds scored first, typical Rangers really.

Comment

Your striker was a pain in the ####! Then just as I was relaxing when I saw he was coming off, Gary Madine comes on! Got some good players, I like your wingers, very direct! Unlucky today, thought your lads played really well!

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
              What a miss from Antonio though, felt he was nailed on to score. We definetly rode our luck at times. Never for one minute thought this game would be easy especially coming off the back of two years losing every week in the PL.
              No surprise Weds scored first, typical Rangers really.
              Sadly we've become accustomed to this slightly. While there's no doubt that Antonio is a top player, he's capable of misses like that.

Without sounding bitter either, we had two fairly clear-cut penalties turned down.

I would have felt happy with a point - I thought we performed well, but QPRs quality told I'm afraid.

Comment

Originally posted by JonTheOwl View Post
                Sadly we've become accustomed to this slightly. While there's no doubt that Antonio is a top player, he's capable of misses like that.

Without sounding bitter either, we had two fairly clear-cut penalties turned down.

I would have felt happy with a point - I thought we performed well, but QPRs quality told I'm afraid.
                I scratched my head as to how Antonio managed to kick a ball coming to him along the floor into the ground to put it over

Thought the Pen in the first half was more of a pen then the one at the away end as he appeared from my position to take a proper dive. First half one I would have wanted the other way around in fairness

Comment

Originally posted by JonTheOwl View Post
                  First of all - let me just say congratulations on your first win of what im sure will be many in this Championship campaign.

Secondly, I'd just like to say what a fantastic game it was today. I unfortunately couldn't make it down from Sheffield, but watched it on a live stream via the internet and was mightily impressed by both us and QPR.

The sheer depth of quality you guys have is astonishing, it was a genuinely frightening prospect seeing somebody like Jenas and Wright-Phillips come off the bench for you.

For all his controversy, Joey Barton is a top player at this level and also caused us numerous problems.

But despite all this quality, I felt we made your lads feel like you were having a game. I'm sure many of your fans felt like it'd be a nice routine win for you to start the season off, but fingers crossed you came back from the game today thinking 'You know what, Sheffield Wednesday aren't a bad side'

Anyway, just wanted to come on here and congratulate you guys on the win today, and to wish you the best of luck for the season, apart from the 25th January when you visit Hillsborough!
                  Don't think any QPR fan would have thought we would turn you over easy after the season we had last year, we couldn't turn a year old carton of milk sour.

Thought SW played some good stuff and match us n quite a few departments, in the end though I agree the difference to me was we had more quality in attack. Hoilet terrorized you, AJ harassed you and Barton showed why we missed him last year.

think your going in the right direction, the same as us we now need another CD, creative MD and ST.

Great match, with great fans, with great atmosphere = propoer footie :D
                  Last edited by Bigears; 03-08-2013, 09:38 PM.
                  One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Originally posted by kenthoop View Post
                    Your striker was a pain in the ####! Then just as I was relaxing when I saw he was coming off, Gary Madine comes on! Got some good players, I like your wingers, very direct! Unlucky today, thought your lads played really well!
                    Sadly, I felt the injury of our reserve left back Joe Mattock changed the complexion of the game. We were beginning to assert some authority after your very strong start, got a goal and our pace was causing you problems but that little shuffle, combined with the stoppage due to the smoke bomb, ruined our momentum.

Nuhiu looked good today, a few fans have been moaning about him, and he's still lacking match-fitness.. He looked very unfit today. But he showed his class with that finish.

We've built a team with a tall, clever striker up front and bags of pace behind him and on the wings. We were playing a young lad against Hoilett - who played with him and took advantage of his naivety - and a winger playing full-back and it told.

We were missing our best player in Lewis Buxton, who is a terrific right back, and the frighteningly powerful left back that is Reda Johnson. If them two had played, it'd have been a damn sight closer. As a result of them being missing, you exploited the weaknesses and took the 3 points. Exactly what you need to do against teams like us!

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                      I scratched my head as to how Antonio managed to kick a ball coming to him along the floor into the ground to put it over

Thought the Pen in the first half was more of a pen then the one at the away end as he appeared from my position to take a proper dive. First half one I would have wanted the other way around in fairness
                      He does some amazingly bad stuff at times. But defenders hate playing against him due to his pace and power.

Yeah, Maghoma did appear to exaggerate it, but looking at replays there was clear contact and Barton was lucky not to be sent off!

Comment

honest view mr owl.....thought you showed decent commitment but some of your players need to stop the play acting when hardly touched then jump up fit as a fiddle seconds later....hoilett could have had three and yes that antonio fella missed a sitter to equalise but i thought we did deserve the win and the three minutes we took to put you to the sword will be the first of many to suffer the same fate...best of luck to you for the rest of the season as you should be a premier league club in all fairness!
                        you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Surprised Weds didnt put Rob Green under more pressure as he is prone to the odd gaff or flap. Don't really remeber him having a save to make.

Comment

Originally posted by Burnside View Post
                            Surprised Weds didnt put Rob Green under more pressure as he is prone to the odd gaff or flap. Don't really remeber him having a save to make.
                            their goal was one

Comment

they had nine shots apparently????????.......not the game i watched then!
                              you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

Working...
                              X