Was just wondering

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Was just wondering

Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the new found love in taking place at the club. Players shaking hands and good mornings all round said each day, im not knocking it as team spirit is priceless imo but just wondering if its more for our benefit thats all!

first of all legendary wilkommen to our little gathering........ive said all along too many foreign mercenaries ruines us in the prem....british spine and character will serve us well this season!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

This would do team spirit and bonding no end of good ...in the canteen prior to training....

Comment

I bet two of those in that pic are you and deepcut
        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
          Obsessed

Comment

Originally posted by The Legendary No. 10 View Post
            Just wondering what peoples thoughts were on the new found love in taking place at the club. Players shaking hands and good mornings all round said each day, im not knocking it as team spirit is priceless imo but just wondering if its more for our benefit thats all!
            Interesting that a positive team bonding exercise is one that appears to have been introduced by the French players.

Comment

Think Mbia started it. I remember Derry on the radio last season saying how odd it was the Mbia shook hands with everyone each day. Looks like it has caught on!

Comment

Originally posted by The Legendary No. 10 View Post

The reported stuff is mostly PR imo like you say - but there is something real going on that Harry is trying to foster after the disaster last year and he is trying to clear out the dont care flops and
                replace them with players who give a damn. But handshakes by themselves? I don't think it matters at all. If your team mate is playing like a donkey it dont matter if you shook his hand before the game he is still playing like a donkey and you are still furious with him. If your team mate is taking the pi$$ all year shaking his hand is a bit fake really.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                  The reported stuff is mostly PR imo like you say - but there is something real going on that Harry is trying to foster after the disaster last year and he is trying to clear out the dont care flops and
                  replace them with players who give a damn. But handshakes by themselves? I don't think it matters at all. If your team mate is playing like a donkey it dont matter if you shook his hand before the game he is still playing like a donkey and you are still furious with him. If your team mate is taking the pi$$ all year shaking his hand is a bit fake really.
                  Here's the quote from Dunne

Speaking to Standard Sport, Dunne said: “I have never been in a dressing room where every morning everyone shakes each other’s hand before training. Everyone just does it.
                  “In my experience it is something only French players have done but everyone is doing it and it means that you speak to every player, every day.
                  “It does create friendships. Of course, people have their best friends in the dressing room but when you see people demanding more of each other and going hard in training, then being friends afterwards, that is the sign of a good dressing room.
                  “You can push people to be better and they respect you for it. There is no bad blood here.”
                  It takes an almighty effort to find the negative in that. Well done.

Comment

Shouldn´t they rather use this phrase, really; Good moaning,everyone.
                    QPR
                    Best team in the world
                    Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                      Here's the quote from Dunne
                      It takes an almighty effort to find the negative in that. Well done.
                      Not being negative at all. But actions speak louder than words. There is something real going on that the club and the management are trying to fix from last year where team spirit seems to have been a disaster evidenced by the results on the pitch. But it needs to be backed up by performances on the pitch. I hope it will but I think that involves changes to personnel like we have seen so far more than handshakes.

Comment

Originally posted by zeberdee View Post
                        Not being negative at all. But actions speak louder than words. There is something real going on that the club and the management are trying to fix from last year where team spirit seems to have been a disaster evidenced by the results on the pitch. But it needs to be backed up by performances on the pitch. I hope it will but I think that involves changes to personnel like we have seen so far more than handshakes.
                        That doesn't mean little bonding exercises like this don't make an impact. It had obviously made a positive impression on one of the new 'boys'.

Comment

Originally posted by DeepcutHoop View Post
                          That doesn't mean little bonding exercises like this don't make an impact. It had obviously made a positive impression on one of the new 'boys'.
                          Yes I hope the club have got them doing a million and one things to improve bonding. I am sure they were trying to do it all last year too. I think the changes to personnel like Dunne, Simpson, ONeil, Baird, Henry, Austin and shipping out the flops will have more impact than anything else. Some of the players last year I dont think an orgy would have changed never mind a handshake

Comment

Today will be interesting, my concern last season wasn't the lack of bonding but lack of quality. The two sometimes come together as a poor team will generally be one that is less likely to bond.
                            We were so poor, I never really bought into the "we are good on paper" apart from on a bjr bloomers client list with all the injury prone players we have. Take each of the players individually on the whole they were poor whether by injury, age or complete lack of understanding of the English game.
                            That's why as someone else posted the first 5 games are important, if we continue to be rubbish then no bonding will help us, just hope new buys freshen things up with some much needed quality and actually play the majority of games without getting sent off or injured. We need a consistent team with roughly the same players playing week in week out with a bench that can come on to change games if we are struggling, not too much to ask.

COYRsssss, I'm off in 1 hr, can't wait..need a good start...

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                              personally speaking, you couldn't be further from the truth Weare, but don't let that deter you from your obsessive assumptions of people!!

Comment

Working...
                              X