Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Richard Dunne on renewed QPR team spirit - interesting read

Speaking to Standard Sport, Dunne said:

“I have never been in a dressing room where every morning everyone shakes each other’s hand before training. Everyone just does it.

In my experience it is something only French players have done but everyone is doing it and it means that you speak to every player, every day.

It does create friendships. Of course, people have their best friends in the dressing room but when you see people demanding more of each other and going hard in training, then being friends afterwards, that is the sign of a good dressing room.

You can push people to be better and they respect you for it. There is no bad blood here.”

Read more: http://www.standard.co.uk/sport/foot...e-8743389.html

Sounds very positive and something that I'm sure has been lacking for the past two seasons, bring on tomorrow!

Comment

I love this... it shows respect and will give the team 100%.

Comment

Imagine Jim Magilton's greeting each morning, the old Glasgow handshake

Good to hear this type of behaviour takes place
        I blew a lot on vodka and tonic, gambling and fags. Looking back, I think I overdid it on the tonic. - The one and only Stanley Bowles

Comment

Without wanting to sound over dramatic, this one thing (or lack of) - "team spirit" - got us relegated last year, IMO.

At the start of the season, "on paper", we had a blinding side & enough quality to easily have been safe with games to spare - yet the evident lack of team spirit, fight & morale proved costly.

So it's very pleasing to hear that from Dunne.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Good to hear...however how do you think the dynamic is between Barton and his old sparring partner Henry? saw the pictures in training yesterday and all looks good, lauging and joking, but what happens in a 5-a-side and a clumsy challenge goes in or even worse they are both playing at HQ and they have a Bowyer / Dyer moment. Potential is always there with Barton and it looks more likely now that if fit, he will probably play.
            Don't Get Mad get Even!

Comment

Dunne is a decent player and comes across as good guy. But I think it is going to take some time, and some different stages, to repair the team. It is easy enough to be positive when a ball has not been kicked and Harry is again promising big exciting changes and everyone is fit. But theres a long season and a lot of games and come September 1st there might be a lot of the same old faces still there that delivered 4 wins from 38 games. How many of them are going to show the same attitude and commitment that is expected from a player like Dunne.

Comment

The whole pre-season coverage has indicated a much better team spirit. Very heartening and I think SM has had a part to play in that.

Comment

QPR FC ‏@OfficialQPR
                  Congratulations to Richard Dunne who has been included in the final @FAIreland squad for their @FIFAcom World Cup Qualifiers next month.

Comment

Working...
                  X