Townsend discusses future as QPR linked and compares Redknapp with AVB

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Townsend discusses future as QPR linked and compares Redknapp with AVB

“I think I either give it a go at Tottenham, get more game time, or look to move on a more permanent basis,” Townsend said.

"I’ve had nine loans now. I enjoy going out on loan because it means I’m playing games. I’m not young anymore – I’m 22. In football terms, I’m getting on a bit and I want to play sustained football on a permanent basis.

I think Gareth Bale is playing more down the middle anyway. It gives me hope that I can try and break through this season if he continues to play down the middle.

Harry Redknapp, you know what he’s about. He’s a man motivator. He likes to play free-flowing attacking football. As you saw from the years at Spurs, it was attack, attack attack.

With Andre, his attention to detail is unbelievable. I was in his office [towards the end of last season] and he had every single session that he’d done this season in a massive, massive book. His attention to detail is amazing.”

AVB:

“Andros did extremely well in QPR for a team during a difficult time. So we have allowed him to come back, he’s enjoying pre-season, he’s showing great motivation to stay in the team. This is what you want from young players coming through. For young players, if they are talented enough, if the talent is high, the best thing they can do is beat that competition.

He’s competing against Gareth, he’ll be involved in the nomination for the Fifa Ballon d’Or, so Townsend has a difficult task ahead of him but he is the player he must beat alongside Lennon.”

http://www.london24.com/sport/qpr_2_..._avb_1_2310173

One of the main reasons for the wide man not being given his chance has been the form of Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale, and head coach Andre Villas-Boas admits it will be difficult for the England under-21 international to usurp the pair.

“Andros did extremely well in QPR for a team during a difficult time,” he said.

“So we have allowed him to come back, he’s enjoying pre-season, he’s showing great motivation to stay in the team.

“This is what you want from young players coming through.”

'allowed him to come back'? doesn't sound like he's particularly wanted at spurs...

Comment

Originally posted by klonk View Post
      One of the main reasons for the wide man not being given his chance has been the form of Aaron Lennon and Gareth Bale, and head coach Andre Villas-Boas admits it will be difficult for the England under-21 international to usurp the pair.

“Andros did extremely well in QPR for a team during a difficult time,” he said.

“So we have allowed him to come back, he’s enjoying pre-season, he’s showing great motivation to stay in the team.

“This is what you want from young players coming through.”

'allowed him to come back'? doesn't sound like he's particularly wanted at spurs...
      Hope not. Still think if anything happens it will be right at the end of the transfer period.

Comment

If Townsend really wants to play most weeks, he should consider moving, especially if Bale stays.
        Although, with Bale possibly on the move, Townsend could get his chance, but somehow I would ex[ect Spurs to sign some other high profile international like Di Maria to placate the fans. This could once again push Townsend out of the side.

My guess is that Townsend will leave, but most probably to a Premiership club.

Comment

Can't see why Spurs would sell him if Bale goes personally.

Comment

Seems to be old stuff to me GB playing down the middle , looks like he wont be playing anywhere for Spurs now .
            Spurs are also looking to bring in wide players imo his future at Spurs is uncertain

Comment

He has no future at spurs , even with bale gone he still wouldn't be in it . Spurs don't care look at caulker was excellent last season only to randomly get sold when spur haven't even bought a defender.

Comment

Originally posted by stanistheman View Post
                If Townsend really wants to play most weeks, he should consider moving, especially if Bale stays.
                Although, with Bale possibly on the move, Townsend could get his chance, but somehow I would ex[ect Spurs to sign some other high profile international like Di Maria to placate the fans. This could once again push Townsend out of the side.

My guess is that Townsend will leave, but most probably to a Premiership club.
                They have already signed chadli so it is almost guaranteed that townsend would not be a regular at the club
                "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

We will get him on loan after the window shuts then if we are in top 6 at xmas he will sign in jan

Comment

Originally posted by Ric-Roc View Post
                    Can't see why Spurs would sell him if Bale goes personally.
                    This is the problem. He's holding out in case Bale does go. Happy to leave as he wants regular first team football, but he wants that in the Premiership.

Comment

I go for him now why there question on Bale staying or not. He may think better to go with manager that knows him and wants him. My worry is if Bale does not go then he want go and other prem clubs come in for him and we lose out.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                        This is the problem. He's holding out in case Bale does go. Happy to leave as he wants regular first team football, but he wants that in the Premiership.
                        I think he should come to us..Harry loves him he loves Harry...reg first name on the team sheet..good dosh...Great backing from us..stepping stone to stardom...what more do he want ?

Comment

he would be good again i am sure - fancy it to happen too

Comment

Working...
                          X