Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Shares

Hello All,

Long time reader first-time poster here - enjoyed it so much I joined.

A question, more of a query really. About ten years ago (probably longer?, it was when the club was on its knees and begging for fans to invest) me and my brother bought shares in QPR - very modest ones, one hundred quid each, but we felt we were helping the cause.

We're no accountants to say the least and regularly got/get financial reports which, to us, are pretty much unreadable. When Briatore and Co took over the gist seemed to be if you don't sell us your shares back then you're a really bad fan. We thought, F that, you're billionaires, why do you want our pitiful 200 quids worth, we'll hang on tho them.

I think, and i may well be wrong, that they were about 16p per share when we bought them. Last year, in the prem and with even richer owners, they seemed to be worth 1p per share. I have a feeling Briatores mob somehow diluted/devalued them? Anyone here with better financial nouse than me know this happened? Just out of interest... and also to explain to the missus how I have failed to buy a yacht as promised.

He did go for a share return but it was all pretty irrelevant as everything became devalued at that point. Those of us that kept our share certificates did so purely as a keep sake.
    #standuptocancer
    #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Same here, kept the certificate as a keep sake, still have it. It even got me tickets for a 'season-ticket holders only' game a few seasons back when I didn't renew.
      Are our shares now kapput?! I never sold them back. Did you?

Comment

i bought a fair amount of shares, not my wisest ever financial decision
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

I never "sold" mine back - wasn't prepared to give anything to Flabbio, no matter how little value there was, and purely out of principle. I only had £100 in the first place as well and saw it as doing my little bit back in the day and am pretty certain they have been worth nothing at all for a long time now. In fact, after the Flabby transaction I think they became voided but others will know more about it than I do.
          #standuptocancer
          #inyourfacecancer

Comment

Vespa, are you a tweeter? If so can you tweet Tony regarding our plight and ask if our shares can be transferred to Air Asia, or are we now, as shareholders, automatically 'on board'.

Comment

Working...
            X