Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Viagogo

Hi all,

Can anybody tell me why this is not available to QPR fans? My son cant make the Sheff wed day and just wants to get this money back as he is skint!

Thanks

Jim

it was last season?

Comment

Is it not available on the championship?

Comment

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
        Is it not available on the championship?
        It's supposedly available across the board but strangely, at the moment it doesn't seem to be active
        #standuptocancer
        #inyourfacecancer

Comment

No one will buy from viagogo when they can buy cheap from the club this year unless someone is selling a lot cheaper than face value.

The demand just wont be there unless there is a Leeds scenario again.

Comment

If the ticket(s) on viatickettout belong to a season ticket holder then they will be better seats than you can get directly from the club. Even at face value you'd think they would sell, even if the bottom line cost is the same as it would be from the club. Knock off a fiver and it should be a slam dunk!
            'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Just want to get his money back....no more than face value. Not all people are touts!

Comment

Originally posted by Leadham View Post
                Just want to get his money back....no more than face value. Not all people are touts!
                Sorry, I did not mean to imply that you were!

The problem is with viagogo - it facilitates online ticket touting which is why I called it viatickettout. I certainly did not mean to imply that you are touting your tickets - it is very clear that you are just trying to make your ticket available to another fan at face value - nothing wrong with that!
                'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

I always thought you could only sell on viagogo once a game had sold out?

Comment

Originally posted by QPRob View Post
                    That would make sense.

Comment

Originally posted by QPRob View Post
                      I'm pretty sure that's not the case.

http://www.viagogo.co.uk/qpr/Help.aspx?helpgroupid=180

FROM THE FAQ (I added the bolding):
                      Why is the price on the ticket different from the price I paid?

Availability and prices of tickets on the viagogo, the official Ticket Marketplace of Queens Park Rangers ticket exchange are driven by market demand; they are not determined by viagogo, the official Ticket Marketplace of Queens Park Rangers.

Face value is the expression used to refer to the price printed on the "face" of the ticket, i.e. the price it is sold for on the primary market. This price is determined by the concert tour promoter, the club or organizer of the event.

The face value of a ticket can differ from the selling price, because the tickets on viagogo, the official Ticket Marketplace of Queens Park Rangers are sold at "market value". This is the price a consumer is willing to pay for a ticket to a specific event.

If the event is in high demand, the selling price is likely to be higher than the face value on the ticket and vice versa.

Comment

Loan sharks went upmarket and calle themselves Wonga. Tickets touts went upmarket and called themselves Viagogo.

Both types are criminals.
                        Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
                          Loan sharks went upmarket and calle themselves Wonga. Tickets touts went upmarket and called themselves Viagogo.

Both types are criminals.
                          This! One of the upsides of the championship hopefully, viagogo and travel agents encompass everything that's wrong with top flight football in this country

Comment

Just to give people an idea of how these thieves operate:
                            http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...any-cards.html

Viagogo's stated aim is that: 'Our mission is to bring efficiency and transparency to what has traditionally been a murky market place, thus allowing consumers to buy and sell tickets in a safe and guaranteed way.'

Viagogo charges both ticket sellers and buyers fees.

Its ticket buying fees are not listed on the site until customers go to purchase tickets.

Example fees for a pair of George Michael tickets on sale at £149.99 each for the Albert Hall in October are a booking fee of £45, shipping of £11.95, plus VAT of £11.39, delivering total fees and VAT of £68.34.

Seller fees are listed as 10% plus VAT on that, this would deliver a selling service fee and VAT of £36.

Face value for similar George Michael tickets for this date and seats was £50.75 to £72.75.

Read more: http://www.thisismoney.co.uk/money/b...#ixzz2aTf60CcV
                            Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook
                            Last edited by dsqpr; 29-07-2013, 11:50 PM.

Comment

Trying to apply the above to a single £30 ticket:
                              * Seller pays 10% = £3 (I'll assume the seller wants to receive face value, which is not unreasonable, in which case he will have to charge £33.33).
                              * Buyer pays "booking fee" of 15%? (£45/£300 = 15%) = £4.50
                              * Buyer pays shipping of £12
                              * Buyer pays VAT on £16.50 (sum of all buyer fees) at 20% = £3.30
                              * Buyer TOTAL FEES = £19.80 plus £3.33 so that the seller gets his money back = £23.13.

So, if the seller gets his £30 back, that £30 ticket will cost the buyer £53.13.

Can anybody that has used viatickettout confirm these calculations?

Comment

Working...
                              X