Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

So, if we compare the squad when we won the championship with what we got now...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• So, if we compare the squad when we won the championship with what we got now...

GK
    Paddy kenny vs Robert Green (as Julio most def is on his way)

I acctually think that Paddy was briliant, and I have difficulties seeing Green keep (i think it was something like 20 clean sheets)

RB
    Kyle Walker/Bradley Orr vs Danny Simpson

I dont think Simpson is anywhere near as good as Walker but better than Orr, especially in defence.

LB
    Clint Hill vs Yun Seuk-Young/Armand Traore

Clint Hill was playing 44 games that season, I think it was as LB most of the time. Think Seuk-Yong looks interesting and may well be our first choice this season. I dont think Traore will help keeping clean sheets as he cant defend. (Big minus when you are a defender)

CB
    Kaspars Gorkss vs Nedum Ounoha
    I really hope Ounoha will develop in to a leader on the pitch this year. He has impressed me in pree season and I think he will be really important. I liked Gorkss when he was at the club. Ok, he was no Bolt but he got the job done and allso scored a couple of goals a season from corners. Something I think we have been missing the last to years.

Matthew Connolly vs Clint Hill/Richard Dunne
    Connolly could be a litle shaky at times but just the thought of, that the combined speed of both Hill and Dunne, are slower than Bob Malcolm (Ok, a bit harsh) gives me the creep...

CM
    Shaun Derry(10/11) vs Shaun Derry(13/14)
    Well, I was worried about his legs 10/11...

Karl Henry vs Shaun Derry(10/11)
    I have seen to litle of Henry to have an opinion

Faurlin(10/11) vs Faurlin(13/14)
    If Harry gives him a chance I think he will be as good as then.

RM
    Wayne Routledge vs Shaun Wright Phillips
    I think SWP is a worse copy of Routledge. He is as tall though...

LM
    Tommy Smith vs Junior Hoilett
    I think Hoilett can be really important this season.

AM
    Adele Taarabt vs ?
    Have no idea who will take his role...

A
    Heidar Helguson vs Bobby Zamora
    Heidar was a great penaltytaker, great target player who won everything in the air. Thats something you would think Zamora allso would be great at...but no.

Jamie Mackie vs Andy Johnson
    Think they are similar but Johnson has better technique...

Good post leroy,

I think we will have a better squad this time round. We were so reliant on Tarrabt before and managed to get the best out of the older players. I agree that Jnr Toilett could be a massive player for us this season. Im sure with a clinical finisher, we can win this league again, but strikers at this level seem so hit and miss, it is hard to pull that diamond from the ruff.

Incidently, how does someone from sweden end up supporting the R's?

Comment

But we had Warnock then, we have Redknapp now.
      Neil emanated positivity and quickly fostered good morale,
      Harry just grumbles and complains all the time with a sour face.
      Banning people is no longer my hobby,
      but take a look at my photo blog:

http://kirillqpr.blogspot.com/

How and why did I start supporting QPR in Estonia:
      http://www.wearetherangersboys.com/forum/blog.php?b=852

Comment

Good post Leroy

Comment

Routledge only made 19 appearances for us out of 46, Walker only 20. Good players, but they alone didn't get us up. Stronger squad this time around and still quite a few to come in by most accounts, even if you've left out the ones who will likely be leaving (Taarabt, Remy, Granero, Mbia etc.)

Comment

On paper, far stronger side. But, as we found out last season, having a good side on paper means naff all if you've no team morale. Here's hoping the dressnig room is a far better state than last season. If it is, and the players click, we could well romp this league. On the flip side, however, if we still have the dressing room divides as we did last season, coud be a long season for us.

Personally, think we will do very well this year - reckon Arry has done well to rid the dressing room of some bad eggs. Would like to see a striker or 2 in before the window shuts though.
            You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Ricky View Post
              Good post leroy,

I think we will have a better squad this time round. We were so reliant on Tarrabt before and managed to get the best out of the older players. I agree that Jnr Toilett could be a massive player for us this season. Im sure with a clinical finisher, we can win this league again, but strikers at this level seem so hit and miss, it is hard to pull that diamond from the ruff.

Incidently, how does someone from sweden end up supporting the R's?

I dont know accually...I think it had something to do with my father going to a game in the 70's (He doesnt like football so i dont know why he was there) But somehow that name stuck in my head...Started to be a little more obsessed in the mid 90´s. It wasnt easy back then to get involved as it is today with streaming and internetradio. Normaly I go to a couple of games a season but havent been over since the last game of the 10/11 season. Ecconomy you know...
              But hopefully Im coming over around christmas...

Comment

Compare today's squad to 1975-76 if you want.
                http://twitter.com/#!/superhoops10

Comment

is your name really leroy?....leroy!
                  you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

I think what this current squad desperately misses is a presence up top. When we were last in the division in Heider we had a man who could not only flick the ball on but also was as strong as an ox and could hold it up. Bobby should be that person but he has been a major letdown. If we had someone with similar attributes to Heider I would back us hugely

Comment

This is a brilliant idea for a thread. Well done
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by West Acton View Post
                        I think what this current squad desperately misses is a presence up top. When we were last in the division in Heider we had a man who could not only flick the ball on but also was as strong as an ox and could hold it up. Bobby should be that person but he has been a major letdown. If we had someone with similar attributes to Heider I would back us hugely

agreed westie...........for me even a billy sharp/bunny austin/kevin doyle n we've half a chance!

Comment

Originally posted by Factamondo View Post
                          agreed westie...........for me even a billy sharp/bunny austin/kevin doyle n we've half a chance!
                          I've warmed to the idea of Sharp and think Doyle could be a decent enough addition too sometimes a player just goes stale and needs a switch up and Doyle falls into that category. You don't score how he did at Reading and initially at Wolves and then wake up without it

Comment

well i still believe remy wont play for us again..........so if we're left with the casaulty twins come end of august we're in a spot of bother!

Comment

Haha, no my real name isnt Leroy...but what a happy man I would have been if it was...

Comment

Working...
                              X