I was convinced we would bounce back.........not so sure now

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I was convinced we would bounce back.........not so sure now

Jury must still be out on 'Arry. We need to keep Adel or its going to be play-offs only. The one class player we have...and he's not injury prone. Warnock might have kept him but not sure Redknapp can. Don't care if Faurlin goes (will never be more than an average championship player after his injury), Remy even if he stays a few weeks will have his mind on other matters, but we need Taarabt or its play offs only for us. Always suspected Premiership club would pip us to Hooper. Surprised only Norwich seemed interested, should just be enough to keep them up. Obviously, unless Hull are taken over by a free-spending billionaire in next few weeks they are going down, and we know Stoke will finish bottom having appointed Hughes (amazed he only got rumbled last year:what was slipped into those Stoke director's drinks and by who, I wonder?). Big blow not getting Hooper, though, because Austin is not as good and is injury prone (mind you it seems we'll sign anyone who can walk through the doctor's door in one piece it seems). Can't risk signing more injury prone players. Rather gamble on youngsters (but not too many). If Palace hadn't gone up bet we could have got Olly. Perhaps we could have got Warnock. Both safer bets at this level than 'Arry. Looks like Barton, Mbia, Diakite and Cesar won't feature, and we know Dunne, Traore, Zamora and Johnson are very injury prone. Just hope the club don't panic, because I'm beginning to.

we've got to get off to a good start, that's for sure.
    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
    Pawel Wszolek - 6
    Luke Freeman - 6
    Matt Smith - 6
    Ebere Eze - 4
    Joel Lynch - 3
    Tomer Hemed - 3
    Toni Leistner - 2
    Massimo Luongo- 2
    Angel Rangel - 2
    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
    Geoff Cameron - 1
    Aramide Oteh - 1
    Jake Bidwell - 1
    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

It is all about a good start, if we can win our first two games we may keep that momentum, and players will start to believe.

Lose one of the first two/three games of the season and will be different.

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
        Jury must still be out on 'Arry. We need to keep Adel or its going to be play-offs only. The one class player we have...and he's not injury prone. Warnock might have kept him but not sure Redknapp can. Don't care if Faurlin goes (will never be more than an average championship player after his injury), Remy even if he stays a few weeks will have his mind on other matters, but we need Taarabt or its play offs only for us. Always suspected Premiership club would pip us to Hooper. Surprised only Norwich seemed interested, should just be enough to keep them up. Obviously, unless Hull are taken over by a free-spending billionaire in next few weeks they are going down, and we know Stoke will finish bottom having appointed Hughes (amazed he only got rumbled last year:what was slipped into those Stoke director's drinks and by who, I wonder?). Big blow not getting Hooper, though, because Austin is not as good and is injury prone (mind you it seems we'll sign anyone who can walk through the doctor's door in one piece it seems). Can't risk signing more injury prone players. Rather gamble on youngsters (but not too many). If Palace hadn't gone up bet we could have got Olly. Perhaps we could have got Warnock. Both safer bets at this level than 'Arry. Looks like Barton, Mbia, Diakite and Cesar won't feature, and we know Dunne, Traore, Zamora and Johnson are very injury prone. Just hope the club don't panic, because I'm beginning to.

Clearly never heard of a paragraph

Comment

Originally posted by bushkangaroo View Post
          I like your optimism - play offs only ha ha that would be a result as we stand
          Thank **ck thats all over with !!! need a holiday!!!

Comment

I think we'll be lucky to make playoffs right now, all depends who's in and out by 31 Aug.

By the time the transfer window closes, it will be a month gone.

The first few games are to important and I don't think we're ready for the push now.

Comment

Survival is the key this season with the players we have at the moment.

Comment

I can't understand why people keep going on about us letting Adel go being a mistake. Fact is he wants out and is doing everything he can to get the club to move him on.

Comment

We need a player who will make the difference. It's a shame things have gone sour with Taarabt. But if he doesn't want to play for us then he can get on his bike

Comment

Pointless having "the one class player" if he doesn't want to play or follow club rules, upsetting the rest of the team in the process.
                    I think he can be a very skilful player and am grateful for what he did in the promo season but, unless he can get his head right, I believe we are better off without him.

Comment

Working...
                    X