What are the Options Up front

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What are the Options Up front

Our forward options now appear the most glaring gap in our squad so how do we resolve it.

Do we look inside the club for the answer is there a kid coming through who is going to surprise us or do we use someone like Hoilett as a Striker or just cross fingers and hope AJ shows up

If the answer is outside the club whos a realistic option. Names thrown about are Austin, Crouch, Wood I have suggested Jerome.

If we got Crouch to me he is not a replacement for Hooper as they play different sorts of games so if he came I would still expect to see another striker arrive in the Hooper mould.

Personally I think Harry will resolve the forward issue with an oversees player as I can just not think of anyone on these shores who will do the job

good post westie....for me our non existant forwards over last two seasons beena major prob.............imho zamora/aj are both two bob( see em on sky gold from 2002 ffs)....id gamble on getting austin/sharp/le fondre in!..that lot combined for less than hooper!
    you know nothing john snow!!!!

Comment

For me Sharp is a no brainer wont cost alot will bulk out the squad up top

Le Fondre would be a top signing but I cant see Reading offering him to us as they will see him getting the goals they need to be there or there abouts

Doyle at Wolves another option who would not cost the world and who has scored in the top flight and championship albeit has been quiet for a couple of seasons perhaps a move for him might inspire the old player to emerge or is he a barrel suggestion

Comment

hope we dont end up with another unproven french/african nutjob who thinks he's signing for hearts!

Comment

Play some of our youngsters , I say youngsters let's be honest most of them are around 18-20 .one or two should be atleast on the bench every game. I always see Hitchcock and skapetis on the score sheet. Our EDS wins more games and goals than our first team. This preseason our first team have been **** yet our eds team won like 4-0 . Sutherland had to get a consolation against Napoli FFs even our main players couldn't get a goal let alone a shot.

Comment

good call....one or two must be given a chance....harriman looked decent at anfield ffs!

Comment

I seem to recall Scott Jones is top notch at taking penalties. Worth a look?

Comment

Working...
              X