IF Taarabt leaves...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• IF Taarabt leaves...

...do we need to sign a playmaker...to feed Hooper/Remy/Austin or whichever strikeforce we finally end up with?

Hoilett, Johnson, jenas, wright Phillips, Faurlin should all be good enough - the trouble at times last season was that taarabt tried to do it all himself

Comment

Originally posted by Mem View Post
      Hoilett, Johnson, jenas, wright Phillips, Faurlin should all be good enough - the trouble at times last season was that taarabt tried to do it all himself
      I mean a CM playmaker really. Hoilett and SWP are wingers; Johnson a striker.

Would you class Jenas and Faurlin as playmakers?

Comment

Originally posted by Stanley76 View Post

I see your point - I would like to believe that they both are although I would imagine only one of them would start with the other being Derry or Henry

Comment

Palymaker is a very broad term. Faurlin is probably a better playmaker than Adel, if you watch the way he plays, he converts possession in defence into attach. But doing this means he plays deep to take the ball off the CB's. Taraabt has got the skill to be a playmaker but is far too selfish to be considered one IMHO.

Comment

Out of interest, what team is likely to be your first eleven next season. Can see the back four, the wingers and midfield combo pick itself but would Redknapp play 4-4-2 or play 4-2-3-1. For all his critics could someone like Granero or Park play the role Taarabt does, albeit, in a different way?

Comment

perhaps not jenas, definitely faurlin though. jenas is more of a box to box man.
              Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
              Pawel Wszolek - 6
              Luke Freeman - 6
              Matt Smith - 6
              Ebere Eze - 4
              Joel Lynch - 3
              Tomer Hemed - 3
              Toni Leistner - 2
              Massimo Luongo- 2
              Angel Rangel - 2
              Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
              Geoff Cameron - 1
              Aramide Oteh - 1
              Jake Bidwell - 1
              Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

Originally posted by essex View Post
                Palymaker is a very broad term. Faurlin is probably a better playmaker than Adel, if you watch the way he plays, he converts possession in defence into attach. But doing this means he plays deep to take the ball off the CB's. Taraabt has got the skill to be a playmaker but is far too selfish to be considered one IMHO.
                I see what you mean. When we went up as champs Adel played a lot more offensively and ended up top goalscorer. Warnock even banned anyone from passing it to him in our half; but he wasn't an out and out striker either.

Comment

I would argue that Faurlin was our playmaker in our promotion year.

Adel kinda hung out on left wing-ish area where he would regularly get marked by a couple of players allowing the engine room of Derry and Ale to distribute it to the likes of Routs..... who would send it in to Heider..... who was as a result normally unmarked.

Of course, the cause and effect of this was that the opposing team would often have to tighten on Routs..... which would give Adel space..... etc.... etc.....

So I guess my point is: will we have someone with that X-factor who takes up the resources of the other team? Townsend would be my hope if Adel goes.

Comment

Originally posted by maverick69 View Post
                    I would argue that Faurlin was our playmaker in our promotion year.

Adel kinda hung out on left wing-ish area where he would regularly get marked by a couple of players allowing the engine room of Derry and Ale to distribute it to the likes of Routs..... who would send it in to Heider..... who was as a result normally unmarked.

Of course, the cause and effect of this was that the opposing team would often have to tighten on Routs..... which would give Adel space..... etc.... etc.....

So I guess my point is: will we have someone with that X-factor who takes up the resources of the other team? Townsend would be my hope if Adel goes.
                    hmm...not sure about that mate. didn't adel have the highest number of assists in the squad?
                    faurlin has definitely been a better playmaker in our last 2 seasons (well, 1 and a half), but i disagree about the promotion season.
                    Top Scorers 2018/2019

Nakhi Wells - 8
                    Pawel Wszolek - 6
                    Luke Freeman - 6
                    Matt Smith - 6
                    Ebere Eze - 4
                    Joel Lynch - 3
                    Tomer Hemed - 3
                    Toni Leistner - 2
                    Massimo Luongo- 2
                    Angel Rangel - 2
                    Bright Osayi-Samuel - 2
                    Geoff Cameron - 1
                    Aramide Oteh - 1
                    Jake Bidwell - 1
                    Jordan Cousins - 1

Summer Transfers 2019

IN

OUT

Comment

I think it' not going to be easy to get shot of him we might end up offering him a free , I cant see a club big enough to fill his ego coming in for him and the level of clubs willing to take a punt on him unlikely to afford a descent fee for him , H just wants the smell of him out
                      Last edited by dogsrrs; 24-07-2013, 05:08 PM.

Comment

We will need somebody to step up and give us a creative spark, yes. I think Ale is superb at what he does (breaking up play and keeping possession) but I don't think he has that killer pass in his locker often enough.
                        Tarbs, in the Championship, has the ability to unlock defences at will - something we need. With the possibility of having Hooper & Remy up top, we could get hatfuls of goals.
                        Without Tarbs, I think our only current player that could create a fair few chances is Hoilett. As I've said before (that makes me sound right full of me pi$$ and importance don't it :sorry, we all know he was pretty $hite last season, as was near on every player in our squad, but when we cast our mind back to the excitement around his signing, and imagein him in the Championship, if he can get himself together then we could have a hell of a player on our hands.
                        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by Semisonic View Post
                          Out of interest, what team is likely to be your first eleven next season. Can see the back four, the wingers and midfield combo pick itself but would Redknapp play 4-4-2 or play 4-2-3-1. For all his critics could someone like Granero or Park play the role Taarabt does, albeit, in a different way?
                          As things stand:

Green

Simpson...Dunne...Onuoha/Hill...Yun/Traore

SWP...Faurlin/Granero/Jenas...Henry/Derry...Hoillet

(then any of) Hooper/Austin/Remy/Johnson/Zamora

Comment

Originally posted by Ginger Ninja View Post
                            hmm...not sure about that mate. didn't adel have the highest number of assists in the squad?
                            faurlin has definitely been a better playmaker in our last 2 seasons (well, 1 and a half), but i disagree about the promotion season.
                            Statistically in terms of goal assists he did. And he was very effective. But IMO the actual build-up play being made was a function of the guys he was taking out of the game - leaving Ale to spray it about whilst Derry kneecapped the opposing midfield.

Comment

AND if he dont leave ? Would we have him in our team ? I think yes cos if we get to our winning ways its gonna breed a happy team including Adel who loves being a winner. Agree ?

Comment

Working...
                              X