Helguson watch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Helguson watch

Heidar played very well last night against Norway. He played up front on his own with Eidur Gudjohnsen behind him in the hole. His movement was very good, good in the air both in attack and defence, held the ball up well, workrate was excellent, and the thing that impressed me the most was his passing and crossing. BUT he missed 2 sitters :embarrassed:
    His confidence is dreadful infront of goal, but on that performance he's shown he's a more valuable player upfront then Agyemang, Pellicori and Vine(who's better on the ving then as a target man). Would like to see Heidar given the chance up front with Jay Simpson, with Taarabt out on the left

I agree with u my scandinavian friend. He is class and would fit perfectly with Jay S

Comment

Let's hope he scores more goals for QPR
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

I agree in that my 1st choice pairing up front would be Helgusson and Simpson. Isn't he off to Watford on a 3 month loan deal though to be announce early next week?

Comment

Disagree, if we are to play 2 strikers up front thet both need to score goals, otherwise the pressure on Jay Simpson will mean he will snatch at chances and start to miss, as i am assumming that he is good enough to score. Pelli from what i have seen of him scores the easiest of goals the ones insdie the 6 yards box, that needs the tap in. He can take the physical side, and hold the ball up, he may not have the movement of HH, but then Jay Simpson should. If i was playing 2 strikers they are the two i would 5 to 10 games to. HH has had his time and cant hit a barn door, needs time in the reserves to get confidence or out on loan
          One for all.... and all for one

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
            Disagree, if we are to play 2 strikers up front thet both need to score goals, otherwise the pressure on Jay Simpson will mean he will snatch at chances and start to miss,
            Come again...donīt see the logic in that

Comment

Originally posted by Bigears View Post
              HH has had his time and cant hit a barn door, needs time in the reserves to get confidence or out on loan
              Needs time in the reserves...yeah that would get him the confidence back :waaaht:

Comment

Would work with Simpson , HH holds the ball up or flicks the ball on for JS to work off him.
                The only forward we have with that quality, or HH with Vine if Vine gets his game back with time.

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                  Come again...donīt see the logic in that
                  I think he means

If we don't have another striker that can score goals.. then Simpson
                  might feel the pressure and will panic when he gets chances in front of goal
                  and will start doing Helguson misses... i think thats what he was saying.

Imo we need to get shot of Helguson asap !! :boss:
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                    I think he means

If we don't have another striker that can score goals.. then Simpson
                    might feel the pressure and will panic when he gets chances in front of goal
                    and will start doing Helguson misses... i think thats what he was saying.

Imo we need to get shot of Helguson asap !! :boss:
                    Come again...donīt see the logic in that either

Comment

Originally posted by swede View Post
                      Come again...donīt see the logic in that either
                      What are you not getting?
                      Bigears i think is only saying if we don't have a striker along
                      side Simpson that can score, Simpson will feel the pressure and won't score
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                        What are you not getting?
                        Bigears i think is only saying if we don't have a striker along
                        side Simpson that can score, Simpson will feel the pressure and won't score
                        Canīt see that reaction. Itīs nonlogical psychology. Noone feels that theyīre "the only one who can score", and if they did it would probably give them confidence ("Iīm the main man", "Iīm no 1") not the opposite.

Comment

Some talk like Helguson NEVER scores. Yes he's missed a few sitters in his time at QPR, but he has scored more goals in his career per game than everyones loverboy on here, Blackstock. If, big if, he stays injury free, get some confidence boosting goals, and some of the "supporters" of his back he's capable of getting 12-15 goals this season

Comment

Working...
                          X