Remy or Hooper

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Remy or Hooper

Whilst we all wait with bated breath ...Will he or won't he sign ( and by the way thanks for the info Dazzer ...Not your fault if it doesn;t come off )

IF Hooper signs I would be surprised if we kept Remy ....knowing Harrys love for Bobby Zamora ...SO

Which one would you prefer to see lining up for the R's this season

For me ....Remy as he has proven himself in the Prem ....He would shred the championship next year wheras I look upon Hooper as a Top notch championship level just falling short of Prem quality ( in the Kevin Philips mould )

Remy is a better striker no question but i reckon he will be off soon and Hooper isnt a bad replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
      Remy is a better striker no question but i reckon he will be off soon and Hooper isnt a bad replacement.
      Echo that.
      You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

So do I....but if I could choose I'd take Remy everyday of the week.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
          Finally we agree. I echo that! But it would be nice to have some options and keep them both. Once Hooper has officially been announced (I still have no reason to believe otherwise) I can see Remy staying till at least January. Then if one is injured at least for once we have a plan B.

Also I've found this...
          Redknapp said:
          “The offer we’ve made is very good, especially when you consider [Hooper] is in the final year of his contract. I respect the fact he’s Celtic’s player and they are entitled to get the best possible deal.”

But he insisted: “I also don’t believe we should go higher than what we have.”

“Hooper is a player I like — but there are other players of interest who we can move for. I’m not aware of us being close to a deal with Celtic, despite reports."

“If there’s nothing doing over the next few days then I’d be looking to move on to other targets.”

Comment

I'm hoping that we get/keep both of them.....They seem to be very different players. I also realise that it is very unlikely to happen

Maddix...I think your description of Kevin Philips as 'just falling short of prem quality' is way off....what with his 'premier league golden boot' award and all that

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
              Finally we agree. I echo that! But it would be nice to have some options and keep them both. Once Hooper has officially been announced (I still have no reason to believe otherwise) I can see Remy staying till at least January. Then if one is injured at least for once we have a plan B.

Also I've found this...
              Redknapp said:
              “The offer we’ve made is very good, especially when you consider [Hooper] is in the final year of his contract. I respect the fact he’s Celtic’s player and they are entitled to get the best possible deal.”

But he insisted: “I also don’t believe we should go higher than what we have.”

“Hooper is a player I like — but there are other players of interest who we can move for. I’m not aware of us being close to a deal with Celtic, despite reports."

“If there’s nothing doing over the next few days then I’d be looking to move on to other targets.”
              im sorry but one thing i really dont like about harry is him talking about other clubs players. what if arsene wenger or benitez started talking about their admiration for cesar or if swansea or southampton started going on about granero hed have none of it.
              and if he prefers to have zamora upfront instead of remy *heads gone*
              i supported qpr in the glory days when chris kiwomya and michael ngonge played up front

Comment

Originally posted by westsussexranger View Post
                im sorry but one thing i really dont like about harry is him talking about other clubs players. what if arsene wenger or benitez started talking about their admiration for cesar or if swansea or southampton started going on about granero hed have none of it.
                and if he prefers to have zamora upfront instead of remy *heads gone*
                The fact that HR has said what he has to me indicates he either done or we are 99% there and hoping we don't get done at the final hurdle. He's too old in the tooth to say that about another clubs player IMO.

Comment

Originally posted by Dazzer1977 View Post
                  The fact that HR has said what he has to me indicates he either done or we are 99% there and hoping we don't get done at the final hurdle. He's too old in the tooth to say that about another clubs player IMO.
                  Also it indicates that is him who wants the player and not the board.

Comment

Remy all day every day

Comment

Remy or Hooper - Both, this is the second thread now
                      Under Les Ferdinand:
                      Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                      Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                      Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                      Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                      And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment