Barton deserves better from Marseille, blasts his agent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Barton deserves better from Marseille, blasts his agent

Joey Barton’s agent believes Marseille have not done enough in their attempts to sign him permanently from QPR.

The midfielder spent last season on loan at the Ligue 1 club and his representative, Willie McKay, claims he became one of the club’s most popular players.

Read more: http://www.talksport.co.uk/sports-ne...#ixzz2Yjf06Kfg

Well clearly they're not that bothered.....

Comment

Just shows how stupid and arrogant Barton was when he said he wants to stay with Marseille and slagged us off rather than be diplomatic to maintain a good relationship with us.

I think he will stay with us and his career will ruined as he will not feature in the matches.
      QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Poor Joey.

Bad for us though.

Comment

Awwww diddums. Poor Joey.
          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

But I thought they wanted him and he wanted to be there?

Comment

This is so LOL's - old joey looks like a right plank now.

Comment

What's stopping the deal... money?

Comment

I havent seen hin play much yet. Lets keep him.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                    I believe so, yes.

As I understand it, Joey wants to go to Marseille, but Marseille can't afford to offer him the wages we are paying him, and we won't take a pay cut unless we pay him off to make up the shortfall in what would be his new, lower wage.

W-anchor.
                    You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

From what the Marseille fans are saying, the stumbling block is that OM won't pay us a transfer fee and Barton still wants his pay-off. Which means we'd obviously lose out big time.

Comment

You couldn't make this up. Future contracts have got to change.

After all, how many jobs are their in professional football, there is only 500 jobs in the premiership, how many young men chasing them worldwide, probably tens of thousands.

Never quite understood how players have clubs over a barrel, surely it should be the other way around.
                        I have supported Rangers for 55 seasons, since March 1969.

Comment

It's beyond me why we should pay him millions just because he wants to move to a another club. If he wants to move so bad and he had said it's not about money, he won't demand a penny from us and takes a pay cut and he will get his dream move.

Comment

If this is the case I feel the club should make it public domain, SSN should do a little story on it if true.

Would make any player in this position look a right tool.

Comment

Originally posted by MYU View Post
                              That and he's a caaaant.

Comment

Working...
                              X