Our Squad

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Our Squad

It looked good on paper last summer, but looks really strong for next season that you would think we could just walk it next season.

If there is Team Spirit, we will be hard to beat!!!

Well we certainly won't walk it,that's for sure,expect a dog fight but we should in contention

Comment

We certainly won't 'walk it'. Fans who believe this are going to get a horrible surprise. Without wishing to sound like Redknapp on Talksport ('you've got your Boltons, Blackburns, Wigans...'), it is true that there are a lot of strong teams in that division and it is extremely competitive. I expect us to be in the top six for the majority of the campaign, but we will face strong challenges from Bolton, Leicester and Reading, as well as Charlton, who I think could be next year's dark horses.

Comment

Half of our team wont have the heart for the championship , gonna be mid table with maybe a slim chance of the play offs
        Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post
          It looked good on paper last summer, but looks really strong for next season that you would think we could just walk it next season.

Well to be fair if you thought it was strong last year, along with most on here, then the results show how wrong people can be. At present it is not even close to being a strong team - if it was it would have won a lot more than 4 from 38 last year.

Harry has been in the game for decades and has a great track record of judging, buying and selling players, building teams on budgets large and small, and bringing through young players like Lampard, Ferdinand, Cole, Carrick etc.

If he thinks the club needs "4 or 5 players" to avoid failing again, which is probably an understatement, then I take his view over any of the people who assembled the team last season or praise it now. Need to back the manager and do it now.

Comment

Agree with Zeberdee - the squad we had last year would struggle in the championship. Whats on paper doesnt always reflect the reality, there needs to be a team and spirit. Not individuals and divides.

Comment

Originally posted by HoopDoggyDogg View Post

i really didnt expect much of us at start of last season because of our signings, but i didnt think we'd be relegated.mbia,diakite and granero didnt mean anything to me as id never heard of granero or mbia. diakite we knew was a fruitcake,aj and hoilett didnt get the juices flowing or the gk debacle with signing green then cesar didnt help.bosingwa shouldve been an indicator of what was to come..in all honesty our squad now looks a decent championship squad with players like zamora ferdinand, swp, mackie, derry, hill, green, hoillet, onuha and young at the level they shouldve been playing last season. with one or two of harrys additions we should have enough for a decent promotion push..

Comment

Originally posted by 1cliveallen View Post
                i really didnt expect much of us at start of last season because of our signings, but i didnt think we'd be relegated.mbia,diakite and granero didnt mean anything to me as id never heard of granero or mbia. diakite we knew was a fruitcake,aj and hoilett didnt get the juices flowing or the gk debacle with signing green then cesar didnt help.bosingwa shouldve been an indicator of what was to come..in all honesty our squad now looks a decent championship squad with players like zamora ferdinand, swp, mackie, derry, hill, green, hoillet, onuha and young at the level they shouldve been playing last season. with one or two of harrys additions we should have enough for a decent promotion push..
                Are you sure?

Comment

Working...
                X