Youth Players - Who has been nabbed??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Youth Players - Who has been nabbed??

In the past 10 years, what youth players have we had taken from us at QPR?
    Obviously, Sterling & Parrett but was wondering if there was anyone else!
    I remember Pat Kanyuka was wanted by a load of clubs... Look at him now!!!!

The young GK who went to Pompey and a young striker who went to leicester are the only 2 i can think of but i can't remember the names.

Comment

Stapleton and I reckon Ray Jones would have been snared too had he not passed away

Comment

Nathan Corkery has just signed on Scholar terms. I'm following him on twitter. I suggest you all do the same @NathanCorkery

Comment

the lack of players who have come through the youth system in the last 20 years has been truely shocking. In the 60's half the 67 League Cup side were from the 64 Youth Cup team, added to them Francis, Leach and Clement. The 70's were a bit lean, I can think of Beck and Abbott (best to forget) and then the 80's with Waddock, Neal, Dawes, Macca, Fereday off the top of my head. Since then I can only think of Quashie, Langley and the late lamented Ray Jones
          I must away now, I can no longer tarry
          This morning's tempest I have to cross
          I must be guided without a stumble
          Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Why do you think that is?

Comment

cause the bluds is chipping early from the kickabout and making nuff from street...
              PRIDE OF LONDON.

Comment

Oliver Sprague, nicked by the scum back in 2005

Like Dean great hope at the time, but didn't make it through the scum system and last I heard was at Watford.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                  the lack of players who have come through the youth system in the last 20 years has been truely shocking. In the 60's half the 67 League Cup side were from the 64 Youth Cup team, added to them Francis, Leach and Clement. The 70's were a bit lean, I can think of Beck and Abbott (best to forget) and then the 80's with Waddock, Neal, Dawes, Macca, Fereday off the top of my head. Since then I can only think of Quashie, Langley and the late lamented Ray Jones
                  That's the thing. Our youth system has been poor in recent years but is starting to improve. Also, the decision to build a new youth academy is a great idea, however, one or two on here believe the chairman has done nothing but terrible things since he's been here, which presumably means planning the youth academy too.

If we don't build it, we will simply fail to bring through young players, and that is the key to a successful, sustainable future for the club.
                  Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Originally posted by lymehoop View Post
                    The yout set up at QPR was discarded by Chris Wright at the end of the 20th century. Since then the only player of any note produced at youth level has been Sterling. Parrett has not lived up to his potential and has struggled even when out on loan to lower division clubs.

Hopefully the club's current policy and future development of Warren Farm (if it goes ahead) will see QPR get back to developing quality young players like the ones developed in the 60s 70s 80s & 90s i.e. Gillard, Clement, Francis, the Allen trio, Goddard, Hucker, Neill, MacDonald, Waddock, Fereday, Stewart, Dawes, , Gallen, Dichio, Quashie Langley. There were others too like; Peacock, Freedman, Muir, Carter who were deemed surplus and released, but went on to have successful careers elsewhere.

Comment

there's a few quality names I missed there Stan:sorry:
                      I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                      This morning's tempest I have to cross
                      I must be guided without a stumble
                      Into the arms I love the most

Comment

Working...
                      X