Darren Bent

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Darren Bent

Now available for free transfer. I would go for him only If we offload Zamora.
    QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

He can't be on a free can he?
    http://twitter.com/Mellowhoop

Comment

Nah he's not, they're just willing to sell him

Comment

Originally posted by Mellowhoop View Post
        He can't be on a free can he?
        Villa agreed to release him despite having 2years remaining of his contract.
        http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/foo...-the-door.html
        QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

There is no way he would go for a championship club.

Comment

Originally posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
            There is no way he would go for a championship club.
            Check the link I posted. It says only Fulham are interesterd. He crrently earns £65k per week!
            QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

Sorry I understood the "free to leave" as "released"
              QPR fan since1987

@yousef_qpr

Comment

a.) Darren Bent is exactly what we don't need Yousef. He is one of those "used to be good, wants 60 grand a week" type of players which we already have a squad full of and he couldn't even get into a sh*t Villa side this season.
                b.) Zamora is going nowhere as he also falls into the "used to be good, wants 60 grand a week" bracket plus he will never pass a medical anywhere and as such nobody else would be stupid enough to touch him!

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                  Now available for free transfer. I would go for him only If we offload Zamora.
                  He would never come here while harry is here. It was harry that booted him out of spurs wasnt it?

Comment

Originally posted by Yousef View Post
                    Check the link I posted. It says only Fulham are interesterd. He crrently earns £65k per week!
                    Still cant see him playing in the championship but I would snap him up if he was up for it!

Comment

Originally posted by QPRob View Post
                      He would never come here while harry is here. It was harry that booted him out of spurs wasnt it?
                      yep Sandra would have put that one away

Comment

Cant see him leaving the prem unless we outbid everyone in wages… ring any bells?

Comment

NO NO NO NO
                          as im sure ive mentioned on here before i go to his barber shop down the road from me, he co owns it with his childhood friend who hasnt exactly filled me with confidence every time weve been linked with him. if you got upset with the mercenaires bleeding the club dry and putting in no effort dont expect bent to be a viable option. why do you reckon rodgers got away with banishing on of his most expensive assets to the stands for so long???

Comment

Originally posted by Tarbie View Post
                            a.) Darren Bent is exactly what we don't need Yousef. He is one of those "used to be good, wants 60 grand a week" type of players which we already have a squad full of and he couldn't even get into a sh*t Villa side this season.
                            b.) Zamora is going nowhere as he also falls into the "used to be good, wants 60 grand a week" bracket plus he will never pass a medical anywhere and as such nobody else would be stupid enough to touch him!
                            Excellent post Tarbie.

I can only assume that Yousef doesn't watch much premier league football, apart from QPR because the bloke is dreadful and robbing a living at Villa.

Used to be half decent 6 years ago but bad attitude so lets not go that route!
                            I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Bent was always someone who looked sh** but scored loads of goals. Main difference now is he doesn't score goals!

Will be interested to see how Bobby Z look next season after a full pre-season. He hasn't been fit this season and at times looked like he could barely move. To be fair to the guy he was at least prepared to pull on the shirt despite a very obvious injury and give it a go. A fit Zamora could be very good for us as could a fit AJ. Add in Bothroyd, who is proven at that level, and one or two others and we have some decent forward options even allowing for injuries.

Comment

Working...
                              X