terraces

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• terraces

I hope the talk to bring back safe terracing is true as it would be fantastic. Can't see it happening tho.

is it being seriously discussed then ? It would be great to have the Loft back.
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

with all due respect of course, the Hillsborough committee etc would aways stand in the way despite the fact that it is a world away from the dark days of the older terracing. It will no doubt take a generation before the FA would be able to move with it. I would love it back though, just watching any game in Germany is amazing

Comment

Loved terracing but not sure I'd like to go back to it? got kind of used to sitting now, I know they have a lot of terracing in Germany that seems to work and create a great atmosphere, but it's really cheap to watch fooball there if our clubs matched their pricing policy around £20-15 on terracing I think a lot of people would seriously consider standing .

Comment

bring it back

the hillsborough tragedy was not because of the terracing it was because of bad management by the club and the polices allowing fans into the stadium without tickets.

They let too many fans in and wouldn't let them out by locking the gate, the police wouldn't accept it was their fault and try to blame it on liverpool fans

Safe standing is safe! I want to keep the sitting area for kids, families and older people but let the fans have the choice if they wish to stand in a standing area!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-8626274.html

Comment

Originally posted by w12dave View Post
            bring it back

the hillsborough tragedy was not because of the terracing it was because of bad management by the club and the polices allowing fans into the stadium without tickets.

They let too many fans in and wouldn't let them out by locking the gate, the police wouldn't accept it was their fault and try to blame it on liverpool fans

Safe standing is safe! I want to keep the sitting area for kids, families and older people but let the fans have the choice if they wish to stand in a standing area!

http://www.independent.co.uk/sport/f...s-8626274.html
            Exactly. The fact it was standing is irrelevant. If you had a caged seating area and let in 5000 extra fans what do you think would happen then!

Germany has proven when things are done safely and properly then there certainly is a place for standing at grounds. With barcode access then you can makje sure only a designated quota of people access said areas and it would be fine .It would also allow groups to get together to improve atmosphere and also allow a cheaper ticket option for many who simply cant afford current prices.

Win win for me and i really hope there is a push for it.

Comment

Would stop the weekly trouble with stewards who pointlessly ask people to sit down for 90 minutes!

Comment

bring it back, much better atmosphere

Comment

Would never want to stand for 90+ minutes again, but should be a terrace for those that do.

Comment

Originally posted by BUSHRANGER1982 View Post
                    Would never want to stand for 90+ minutes again, but should be a terrace for those that do.
                    Agree with this.

But in the meantime can't we just go by the general courtesy rule of - if you want to stand, go to the back?

Comment

Terracing was good when I was younger. Not sure I'd fancy it nowadays.

Would be good for those who want it though.
                      Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Working...
                      X