40 seasons

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 40 seasons

I have just worked out that next season will be my 40th season since I first watched the R's from the flats behind the old school end or bunked in with 20-30 mins left of the match. For me more highs than lows. Hope I get 40 more after next season. However I still have it in my mind that I am trendy 26 y.o, must be the pills.
    My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Originally posted by WCE View Post
    I have just worked out that next season will be my 40th season since I first watched the R's from the flats behind the old school end or bunked in with 20-30 mins left of the match. For me more highs than lows. Hope I get 40 more after next season. However I still have it in my mind that I am trendy 26 y.o, must be the pills.
    Haha same as me

My first game was April 1973 so my 40th anniversary has just passed. Lots of good times, some sad times but wouldn't change it for anything.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

The steward's at the time were spot on, "go on get in and watch the rest of the game" and about 6 to 8 of us would.
      My old man was the star player for HMP Parkhurst during their successful and unbeaten 77/78 season.

Comment

Saw the film The Damned United last night and brought back great memories from that era. Was at Leeds for that win in 74. And we done the double over them you know who and helped send em down he he.

Comment

I was recently watching an old big match on you tube showing the 82/83 team after they had beat Leeds or Fulham, interviewing players the manager and chairman. Also showed the bottom six at the time with 3 or 4 games left to play, which included Palace, Charlton and in the bottom three with Rotherham a certain south London team for sw6. Pity the rest of the seasons result's worked out for them as that season would have been extra special.

Comment

Working...
          X