Fernandes admits he should have left Formula 1 sooner to focus on QPR

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Fernandes admits he should have left Formula 1 sooner to focus on QPR

Tony Fernandes has admitted that he made a mistake in dividing his time between running QPR and being team principal of Formula 1 team Caterham last summer.

More...

I back the boss to get it right. He knows he's made mistakes and he will sort it out.
    Supporting QPR isn't just about a football team. It's about roots and identity.

Comment

Two embarrassing seasons and made himself look like a mug..... hope he has learnt his lesson (not holding my breath tbh)

Comment

I think he was under the impression that you can appoint a big name manager and spend big money to win success.... but football does not work like that.

TF is a top bloke and I really like him but I feel that he may have been a little naive at QPR. Time will tell over the next 4 months.

Comment

Originally posted by ollyhoops View Post
          I think he was under the impression that you can appoint a big name manager and spend big money to win success.... but football does not work like that.
          I disagree. Football does work like that. Chelsea, Man City....trophy-less until they inject money. Every major league in the world is dominated by the clubs with the most money. It is the one, most important, ingredient in football clubs success these days. With our spending power over the last few windows we had a real advantage over most of the bottom half of the PL and we got it so wrong we turned money into a negative force instead of a positive one.

That is why our failure is even more spectacular.

Let's hope he really has learned.
          twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by silvercue View Post
            I disagree. Football does work like that. Chelsea, Man City....trophy-less until they inject money. Every major league in the world is dominated by the clubs with the most money. It is the one, most important, ingredient in football clubs success these days. With our spending power over the last few windows we had a real advantage over most of the bottom half of the PL and we got it so wrong we turned money into a negative force instead of a positive one.

That is why our failure is even more spectacular.

Let's hope he really has learned.

Not many people could have spent all that money only too see thier club finish bottom of the league and setting all kinds of embarrassing premiership records in doing so. Just too many mistakes. Think the American term is a "cluster****" :-)

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post

Not many people could have spent all that money only too see thier club finish bottom of the league and setting all kinds of embarrassing premiership records in doing so. Just too many mistakes. Think the American term is a "cluster****" :-)
              What's your solution then ?

He's held his hands up what more do you want him to do ?

Comment

Originally posted by jfish View Post
                What's your solution then ?

He's held his hands up what more do you want him to do ?
                If he has another go at it next season then dont be a ****ing mug like the 2 previous. If he feels he has given it as good a go as he could then step down and let another shareholder have a go....couldnt do any worse could they?

Comment

Two embarrassing seasons and made himself look like a mug..... hope he has learnt his lesson (not holding my breath tbh)
                  Fernandes is richer then me & you for a reason you know. Caterham F1 team is slowly going forward & QPR has a bright future as well

Not being rude but if fans don't back the owner/understand the owner then that's not good
                  Under Les Ferdinand:
                  Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
                  Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
                  Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
                  Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
                  And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

Originally posted by qpr View Post
                    Fernandes is richer then me & you for a reason you know. Caterham F1 team is slowly going forward & QPR has a bright future as well

Not being rude but if fans don't back the owner/understand the owner then that's not good
                    I'll back him when he shows that he has the best intentions of rangers at heart... no more patronising PR tweets, no more talk of multi use venue's, no constant barrage of TV,Radio,Newspaper interviews reffering to us as a "project" while he uses us as a vehicle towards his money making venue in the heart of London. No more mistakes where he turns us into a laughing stock and an embarrassment. Holding his hands up saying that he has been naive and had his "trousers pulled down" fixes nothing. He needs to learn from his mistakes so the jury is still out. If he is going to have another crack at it next season lets hope if he ****s it up again then thats his last go at it. And his attempt at an F1 team is pretty much like his attempt at a football team...MUST TRY HARDER. Nice bloke with plenty of money doesnt automatically mean a good Football Chairman...some people just not cut out for it.
                    Last edited by vblockranger; 14-05-2013, 02:46 PM.

Comment

Spot on with that.^^^^^^
                      Trouble is there are a few people who have an intrinsic problem with Tony, and whatever he does or says, it wont be good enough and will always find fault with something.

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                        Spot on with that.^^^^^^
                        Trouble is there are a few people who have an intrinsic problem with Tony, and whatever he does or says, it wont be good enough and will always find fault with something.
                        He could try to Chair a half decent season...that might help. He took over August 2011...been a disaster ever since.

Comment

He could try to Chair a half decent season...that might help. He took over August 2011...been a disaster ever since.
                          Anyone who knows anything about running a successful large business will know that instant success is not always the way things happen...it takes time to build for the long term and I believe that is what Tony is trying to do...build QPR for the long term and if there are a few blips along the way, so be it....it is all part of the bigger picture. It is not as simplistic as you might think. Short term success can often result in long term blow out! I believe Tony is on the right track.

Comment

Making money in Finance does not make you an expert in IT. Making money in one industry does not mean you are some sort of all powerful expert on other industries. Football especially as it is not like other businesses.

Look at the simple facts, nice guy or not, putting money in or not, he has been a failure so far in terms of QPR's success on the pitch.

No I don't want him to go, but lets face the facts.
                            twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

Originally posted by twranger View Post
                              Anyone who knows anything about running a successful large business will know that instant success is not always the way things happen...it takes time to build for the long term and I believe that is what Tony is trying to do...build QPR for the long term and if there are a few blips along the way, so be it....it is all part of the bigger picture. It is not as simplistic as you might think. Short term success can often result in long term blow out! I believe Tony is on the right track.
                              Well we shall see and hope he has learned from his mistakes and we have a good season next year......but if we dont will you still be saying the same thing? will you give him another year and another after that? To some fans because he is a nice bloke he seems to be beyond reproach. He has failed big time so far and he needs to turn it around.

Comment

Working...
                              X