Esteban Granero

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Esteban Granero

Just watched this clip of his time at Madrid. Immediately notice he was always getting into the box and looking to attack. For us he hasn't been at all like this, he just sits deep and doesn't do much. You wouldn't believe that this was the same player that was playing for Madrid a year ago. Have we been playing him in the wrong position, too deep? There's obviously a great player there, and I'm hoping it's a confidence problem and he'll fix it next season. In fact, looking at this video, I reckon if he sorts it out he could be our star player next season.
    Last edited by SuperHoopNik; 04-05-2013, 02:02 PM.
    "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

When the rest of the team is so poor you cant expect the same.

Comment

Originally posted by OneEyedWilly View Post
      When the rest of the team is so poor you cant expect the same.
      But it's clear he has individual talent that should stand out from the rest of the team, we haven't seen that at all this season.
      "When you went to the corner and saw our fans celebrating the way they were you just wanted to be part of it" - Shaun Derry after we beat the scum 1-0

Comment

Maybe if we play 451 with 2 attacking mids in him and adel and faurlin behind them, we will see more of this
        "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

There's no trust in the team that's why we sit back. Our forward players and mids don't think our defence can handle teams attacking so they "help out"

Comment

Originally posted by nasser95 View Post
            Maybe if we play 451 with 2 attacking mids in him and adel and faurlin behind them, we will see more of this
            that work on Football manager? tried it?

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
              that work on Football manager? tried it?
              It does but it is also used alot by other teams who have good attacking quality like benfica or (despite my hatred of them) Swansea
              "What stats allow you to do is not take things at face value. The idea that I trust my eyes more than the stats, I just don't buy that because I've seen magicians pull rabbits out of hats and I know I just know that rabbit's not in there." - Billy Beane

Comment

Originally posted by SuperHoopNik View Post
                But it's clear he has individual talent that should stand out from the rest of the team, we haven't seen that at all this season.
                I've seen some proper technical ability from him on occasions I just think some players thrive in a good team and can wither in a team that lacks ability and flare.

Comment

From that video you can see the boy is quality... we need to play players in the favoured positions to get the best out of them.

I guess it's also true that they didn't trust the back four and the reason why we sat back.

Comment

forget

forget the video the boy is **** he only used to score 2 goals a season he should never have been bought because he has been absolutely trash

hes goning to move on for a free transfer because knowbody is going to buy that idiot

if we dont clear out all this **** we will drop two divisions
                    Click here to view my blog.

More...

Comment

Perhaps he will be a key player for us in the future but we can't expect him to start scoring more. Maybe he has been held back by the bad pitch quality. Judging by the number of shots (+25) he had this season he is one of our more attacking players.

Comment

Originally posted by madara View Post
                        Perhaps he will be a key player for us in the future but we can't expect him to start scoring more. Maybe he has been held back by the bad pitch quality. Judging by the number of shots (+25) he had this season he is one of our more attacking players.
                        how many he score from those 25+ shots ? (or even hit the target?)

Comment

8 on target, 1 goal.

Comment

Working...
                          X