How many players will do a Vine?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• How many players will do a Vine?

That is what will get to us fans the most.

I'm hoping that the players want to play first team football... wanting a move even if they get paid less.

I think we will probably shift more than we think. Hopefully their egos won't let them sit in the reserves eh!

Comment

Some of the players at QPR are approaching the end of their careers and might be only too happy to sit around getting paid for doing nothing.

QPR will struggle to find buyers/takers for players like Bosingwa, Zamora, Johnson, SWP, Park & Cisse if they refuse to take pay cuts. No other club will match their inflated wages.

There are also younger players like Ferdinand, Hoilett, Traore, Diakite, Mbia, Granero who might be unwilling to take a pay cut to leave. Again, it is difficult to see who will pay them what they earn at QPR.

Although, it can also be said that if they stay, and get off to a good start in the Championship, their attitude and performances might just be enough to win promotion back. Afterall,most have played at bigger clubs than QPR and been reasonably successful. Their former clubs include Man Utd, Chelsea, Arsenal, Spurs, Real Madrid, Marseille etc.

Comment

Don't get me wrong any player that does that will wind me right up, but playing devil's advocate here, if the club have offered them a contract of X amount of years on X amount of money, then the club are obliged to pay them that amount for that period.

In answer to the OP; I reckon most will want out to ply their trade but imagine only Bosingwa & Zamora would be happy to pick up their wedge and either not play or just go through the motions.
        You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

I don't know about Zamora. He gets a bad rep here because of some off-handed comment he made to a paper, but I'm not sure he's the type to sit around and collect his wages. He's played this season despite being unfit and in pain. The problem is he needs surgery that will rule him out for most of next season, but he's out of contract in the summer. Rock and a hard place for us. I guess best-case scenario is we get him to take a pay cut for next season in return for a contract extension. It's a gamble but I don't know what else we can do, unless we can convince him to play in lieu of surgery.

As far Bosingwa is concerned, I still think there's a good chance a club from abroad will come in for him. We'd probably have to offer him a hefty severance package in the 1-2mil range, but it's better than the alternative and at least we didn't pay a fee for him.

Comment

No one in their right mind would take a pay cut if they didn't have to and no one is going to pay the Bosingwa's and Parks the money we are so don't expect them to go

Comment

Working...
            X