Unconfigured Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New Stadium ? Who will own it ? Are we a Coventry in waiting ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
    i still don't get this attitude that moving to a new stadium will change us as a club.Has Soton changed since moving from the Dell?And whats all this about 15k fans rattling around in a 40k stadium?I damn sure if Fulham can average 25k we can.

Comment

Originally posted by blueboy View Post
      i still don't get this attitude that moving to a new stadium will change us as a club.Has Soton changed since moving from the Dell?And whats all this about 15k fans rattling around in a 40k stadium?I damn sure if Fulham can average 25k we can.
      And we take the **** out of Fulham for having a stadium full of tourists and neutrals..

Comment

Originally posted by QPR Richard View Post
        People should consider that we play the world's most popular sport in the world's greatest city. Our owners are building a state of the art academy and training facility and are planning to build a new stadium that will become an icon in London as part of a large entertainment complex. We all have to accept that we are going to change beyond all recognition.

Ask yourself this. How many disappointed Man City fans did you see at the Etihad last season after they won the title? How many were complaining about their new stadium and the investment in their club? Bet they were gutted they weren't still in league one that day.

Anyone who wants to play in the lower leagues in a stadium that's well past its sell-by should think again.

this^^^^^

Comment

And we take the **** out of Fulham for having a stadium full of tourists and neutrals..
          Yeah, but they have a "neutral" section, and also a Michael Jackson Shrine to attact weirdo's.

Most clubs who've developed bigger stadiums increased their gates. They aren't all tourists. A new ground will generate interest from fans who may not have been recently, as well as others who may go to see what it's like when in the past they may go elsewhere. If some kids get taken to a game there and get the bug, is that a bad thing, of course not.

Comment

I think it will be a lease from the council. Could be all wrong, I don't know a lot about building
            Under Les Ferdinand:
            Luke Freeman, top assists in the league: 4million
            Alex Smithies, great goalie for this club: 3,5million
            Charlie Austin, 19 Premier League goals: 4million
            Jack Robinson: Contract ran out, left for free
            And many more mistakes

LES FERDINAND, IT'S TIME TO GO

Comment

i dont.Ok,the Jackson Statue is worthy of taking the ****,but i have always thought they are a well run club.Their ticket prices are pretty fair.And the occasions i have been there,the atmosphere has been good all round.

Comment

Also someone mentioned getting tickets. Well it wouldn't surprise me in the slightest if there was some sort of ticket booking priority for QPR members, or whatever they may label it as at the time. Not as a nice benefit for QPR fans, but simply because there will be many out there who like going to lots of gigs and they would probably happily pay £40 a year, even if they have no interest in QPR, so they get some sort of ticket priority for big gigs.

There may even be some of those who decide they may go to a game sometimes also, as they will get all the marketing stuff that goes with it.

It will be anyway to make money, and a proper arena complex would make fortunes.

Comment

Originally posted by Del View Post
                  Yeah, but they have a "neutral" section, and also a Michael Jackson Shrine to attact weirdo's.

Most clubs who've developed bigger stadiums increased their gates. They aren't all tourists. A new ground will generate interest from fans who may not have been recently, as well as others who may go to see what it's like when in the past they may go elsewhere. If some kids get taken to a game there and get the bug, is that a bad thing, of course not.

this is what i have been saying.I know quite a few R's who would like to take their sons/daughters etc to games but have trouble getting tickets.My nephew plays for the under 13's,and getting him tickets so i can take him and some of his friends is hard.The occasion we did,we had to sit apart.(i was just grateful we were in the same stand)he was a R's fan from birth,now,coz his mate can get him into the Emirates for nothing,he is on the verge of becoming a gooner

Comment

stack em high, sell em cheap, a lot of r's who simply can't afford football today
                    I must away now, I can no longer tarry
                    This morning's tempest I have to cross
                    I must be guided without a stumble
                    Into the arms I love the most

Comment

stack em high, sell em cheap, a lot of r's who simply can't afford football today
                      On the other hand there are lot's who just can't get tickets

And that is the nub of it, you might not like the words but it will be the balance of the marketing and pricing strategy that will create either success or failure for the new Air Asia Stadium.

Comment

Originally posted by Lord Charles View Post
                        On the other hand there are lot's who just can't get tickets

And that is the nub of it, you might not like the words but it will be the balance of the marketing and pricing strategy that will create either success or failure for the new Air Asia Stadium.
                        I agree with this, my outgoings are massive and in a way I'll be able to afford to watch championship football. However if they compete with fulham regarding pricing and we are in the premier league we could get 30,000-40,000 imo, with a team playing entertaining football, something we have just not seen
                        I played sunday league football today.

Clearly I was the best player on the pitch.

I scored 5 and made 7 last ditch tackles.

We lost 5-0 but the rest of my team were sh it!

Comment

Originally posted by WeAreQPR12 View Post
                          I agree with this, my outgoings are massive and in a way I'll be able to afford to watch championship football. However if they compete with fulham regarding pricing and we are in the premier league we could get 30,000-40,000 imo, with a team playing entertaining football, something we have just not seen
                          We can only just fill Loftus Rd with 18500 , we are never going to get 40,000 ,we are a small club, perfectly formed but small. i really dont get this desire to turn us into something we are not.
                          If we did get 40,000 they would be made up of who ?
                          The 15,000 regular home fans, a few thousand R`s who go on odd occasions or who used to go etc . where do the rest come from ? Tourists and Rugby plonkers like those t its from sw6 ?
                          No thanks.
                          Why do people keep saying we have to grow and change to survive ? Weve survived since 1882 without turning ourselves into a bit part attraction in a shopping complex or a retail park
                          Ikea Park Rangers playing in the Frankie and Bennys Stadium
                          Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

We do barely fill what we've got, but there are other factors not just were a small club.

I have a ST, same as my old man and my pal all next to each other. At the start of the season I wanted to get STs for my son and nephew (who has incidentally been 99% cured of his illness that was a Chelsea fan). There was no seats anywhere in the stadium available where we could all sit anywhere even remotely close. I'm just 1 person trying to introduce 2 new children to QPR, and it's causing problems. I'm sure there's more than me.

On top of that, I know a few fans who don't go as they simply can't afford upwards of £100 every other week to take themselves and their kids to games, and that's not including getting fleeced for un-edible burger & chips at the same price you can pick up a 3 course lunch time special at Gordon Ramsey's gaff.

I love LR and I love the support and fan base we have, in the sense it's relatively small, but massively passionate, but sometimes you have to try to better yourselves as a club

Big stadium with cheaper prices might mean the first few seasons the atmosphere might not be what were used to, but as new supporters / children start getting into it, and see what we as a fan base are all about, I think we'd sell good number regularly and the atmosphere would be as good as we've known.

Comment

Originally posted by vespa View Post
                              Why do people keep saying we have to grow and change to survive ? Weve survived since 1882 without turning ourselves into a bit part attraction in a shopping complex or a retail park
                              Ikea Park Rangers playing in the Frankie and Bennys Stadium
                              Might be the way forward !

Ikea Park Rangers ............

Wouldn't be all bad would it ?
                              Horse meat hot dog, raw fries n a drink for under £2.
                              ST holders have an open day when they have to put their own flat pack seat together, benefits of this is you get to know those around you without the stress of having to watch football !
                              Plus instead of the Koreans taking photos of each other , you'll get loads of blond bints pouting and posing all over the ground ..........

Bring on the Blue & Yellow hooped kit !

SAID WE ARE IPR , SAID WE ARE IPR !
                              "Steve, do you think 25k is a good option when there are indications that within four years, new stadiums on average have increased attendances of 60%?
                              For us that would mean around 29k."

QPR Richard 16-12-2013 10.08pm

Comment

Working...
                              X