Who will miss the EPL

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Who will miss the EPL

Ok I've gone through 2 good bottles of burgundy tonight but who really thinks that the EPL is the best league in the world. Lets cut through all the hype and sky bull s*it and really look at who we have played this season, apart from the top 6 teams which ones have looked no more than average, teams we should have taken points from if a bit more heart ability and effort was shown as most of our games have been of a pretty poor standard, which i dont think has been entirely our fault. I for one will not be sorry to say goodbye to the EPL because apart from a handful of teams, players or supporters the whole season consists of accumulating 39 or 40 points for survival and that is their whole season finished just to pay over inflated wages to over hyped players. So I will embrace the Championship, and yes I wil miss the skill of certain payers but will that actually outweigh the excitement of possibly being 2-0 down at half time in the Championship and still having a chance to draw or even win. EPL and global recognition ?, no fu*k it this board needs to understand that no matter how much cash they chuck at us or how big they build a stadium with all the extra retail, leisure facilities etc, building a football club with sole, heart and passion takes more than 2 or 3 seasons, as supporting a team like ours requires generations of tribal understanding as West London is ours. TF and co , I'm not sure that you will ever want to or understand this passion as yours is a cash and profit driven dream which isn't ours and which I beleive you don't care about.

Good post Gipper, ( especially as your half cut !) . Definatly agree with your sentiment about the Premier league , I for one wont miss it at all ,the cons far outweigh the pros as far as i can see.
    The Premier League is a bit like being really drunk , i love the getting there , but when your there ,it s not so good !
    Dont know if i`d agree TF is profit driven when it comes to QPR , because he`s losing money hand over fist and is only going to lose more if he sticks with us , But i certainly agree that a foreign business man cant possibly understand us , in the same way someone coming from a family of Rangers fans going back generations does.

( and before anyone jumps on my back ,banging on about , you dont have to be from a longstanding Rangers family to support QPR , i DO know that , and understand that people come to be Rs for all manner of reasons )
    Rangers,Scooters ,Tunes and Trainers

Comment

As for the premier league no way the best in the world. The question is would you enjoy it more if we one more games. I loved last season and thought this one would be heaps better. Oh well i am sure next season will be good again.

Comment

Will miss it. Football folk talk about you and take an interest in yr club. You seem to matter.

Comment

There is one situation in which I would not miss the EPL: if I aimed a bazooka at it.

It is sh!t. Looking forward to an other exciting title race next season between several teams who have never won it? DREAM ON!
          'Only a Ranger!' cried Gandalf. 'My dear Frodo, that is just what the Rangers are: the last remnant in the South of the great people, the Men of West London.' - Lord of the Rings, Book II, Chapter I - Many Meetings.

Comment

Good OP! I really wanted us to stay up and consolidate in this league but it just wasn't gonna happen and overall it was a miserable 2 seasons! I was spoiled from watching us in the top flight in the early 80's when I actually believed we could win it but like most things in life, everything has changed! As Doug (dsqpr) mentions there is no new team that is in with an actual chance to win the EPL because of huge money from the very top clubs, the rest just try to get enough points to survive! The main advantage for me personally of having us in the EPL was that I could watch every match on tv or on a stream, as it turned out this year that wasn't really a good thing!
            @gatorTFC

Comment

All the prem is about is money , money , money. Thats why going down is perceived to be a total disaster. Well its not a total disaster for me, its frustrating and sometimes embarrassing but never a disaster.

Its a disaster for the men and women who throw stupid money about and gamble their own .

So, we were always likely to flirt with relegation as we moved up to the next level, just need to get a good solid team in place and try to get back up again, if we dont, its not a disaster for the fans!

Comment

I wrote a similar thread w while ago about the Championship being more fun.

I want our team to do as well as possible, but it wasn't much fun this season. We won't always win the Championship, but at least it is a competition. The PL is nothing of the sort. It is a procession where the big clubs, TV and football authorities conspire to keep the big clubs big and keep their perception of glamour strong.

As for being the best league in the world, I have been saying for many years that I think it is anything but. It may have excitement, but that is based more on the style of quickly getting the ball to the box , lack of real tactical play and poor technical ability compared to other leagues.

The best league in the world right now is the German league. Not because Bayern won 4-0 last night, but because they gave football back to the fans. You can stand, drink beer, get a season ticket for the price of ONE MATCH at the Emirates, get free travel with a ticket, great atmosphere and so on. And it is now showing that this model will work and rewards are coming. People want a part of it.

The saddest thing is that the PL will only get worse now and so will English football. The increae in TV money is a bad thing as it will widen the gulf between the Championship and cause more yo-yo clubs. English talent will rarely be seen again, so there will be a lack of connection with clubs, history and fans and the England side will get worse. Also FFP will just make UTD, Arsenal etc even more rich and powerful.

Money dictates everything - when the FA can say that only a tiny minority of fans travel to Wembley by train to justify the fact that most won't be able to get back home after the cup final - just shows that the fans are not even considered at all anymore.

I won't miss the PL, but I do want to get back there. The chase is better than the kill.

It is the spirit of football that I think we will all miss soon as the PL represents everything that is destroying the game right now - if only we could take a leaf out of the German's book for a change.
                twitter @silvercue

soundcloud

Comment

All good posts, but there really is nowhere else to go but to the PL. we're hardly going to settle for another 10-15 years in the wilderness of the Championship ( or worse!), our goal is inevitably going to be promotion back to the PL. as the seasons tick on and promotion proves to be harder won than we thought, we would give anything at that stage to be exactly where we are right now, still in the PL and with a chance, albeit a slim one, of surviving this season. It's by no means certain that Villa and Wigan will pick up the necessary points to render 4 victories from us insufficient to overtake them. There really is no argument here.
                  Last edited by 12321; 24-04-2013, 10:19 AM.

Comment

Notsure it's the best league in the world deffo the most commercial. I will miss it having to go back to the Championship is hurting some s**t grounds half empty stadiums very poor coverage? one thing about the Prem is the coverage is fantastic compared to any other league no matter where you are?

Comment

Unless you are one of the top 6 clubs you are just there to make up the numbers. No competition just money. Looking forward to next season as the Championship is a proper competition. Only thing i will miss from the prem is the online streaming.

Comment

Originally posted by 12321 View Post
                        All good posts, but there really is nowhere else to go but to the PL. we're hardly going to settle for another 10-15 years in the wilderness of the Championship ( or worse!), our goal is inevitably going to be promotion back to the PL. as the seasons tick on and promotion proves to be harder won than we thought, we would give anything at that stage to be exactly where we are right now, still in the PL and with a chance, albeit a slim one, of surviving this season. It's by no means certain that Villa and Wigan will pick up the necessary points to render 4 victories from us insufficient to overtake them. There really is no argument here.
                        Agreed. I will miss the PL. but not with this QPR-team. Let´s come back stronger and Wiser, I say.
                        QPR
                        Best team in the world
                        Sort of

Comment

Will I miss the PL? No. Not with the state of our current squad. Until we get ourselves in some sort of shape that we can compete, I don't want to be in that league paying £50 a game to watch us roll over and get d1cked nearly every week.

Different story altogether if we were half competing as it is the league to want to be in of course. But just being an also ran is b0ll0x, not for me.
                          You should never underestimate the predictability of stupidity.

Comment

Originally posted by vblockranger View Post
                            Unless you are one of the top 6 clubs you are just there to make up the numbers. No competition just money. Looking forward to next season as the Championship is a proper competition. Only thing i will miss from the prem is the online streaming.
                            But will you want us to stay permanently in the CC then? Just a question.
                            QPR
                            Best team in the world
                            Sort of

Comment

Originally posted by Shania View Post
                              But will you want us to stay permanently in the CC then? Just a question.
                              Rather be in the CC than be an also ran with no hope other than mid table...wheres the excitement in that?

Comment

Working...
                              X